Optical characterization of Cu3N thin film with Swanepoel method
Swanepoel method is employed for spectroscopic determination of optical properties of Cu3N thin film using transmittance data. Investigated films have been deposited using reactive magnetron sputtering system. Deposition time was 9 to 21 min. Refractive index, absorption coefficient, and bandgap energy of the samples are determined. Thickness of the films is calculated by Swanepoel method, and result is compared with the thickness of the films measured by profilmeter. It is shown that Swanepoel method is a reliable way to calculate the optical constants of thin films when the transmittance spectrum of the film is influenced by wavelike patterns due to reflection of the probe beam from different interfaces.
- Dorranian D, Dejam L, Sari AH, Hojabri A: Effect of nitrogen content on optical constants of copper nitride thin films prepared by DC magnetron reactive sputtering:. JTA Phys. 2009, 3:37–41.
- Benjemaa N, Abdi REI, Carvou E: Numerical and experimental study of the contact resistance for high copper alloys in force domain 1–100N. Eur Phys. J. Appl. Phys. 2010, 49:22906. CrossRef
- Gallardo Vega C, De la Cruz D: Study of the Structure and Electrical Properties of the Copper Nitride Thin Films Deposited by Pulsed Laser Deposition. Appl. Surf. Sci. 2006, 252:8001–8004. CrossRef
- Du Y, Ji AL, Ma LB, Wang YQ, Cao ZX: Electrical conductivity and photoreflectance of nanocrystalline copper nitride thin films deposited at low temperature. J. Crystal Growth 2005, 280:490–494. CrossRef
- Dorranian D, Dejam L, Sari AH, Hojabri A: Structural and optical properties of copper nitride thin films in a reactive Ar/N2 magnetron sputtering system. Eur. Phys. J. Appl. Phys. 2010, 50:20503. CrossRef
- Dorranian D, Mosayebian G: Experimental study of the electrical properties of copper nitride thin films prepared by dc magnetron sputtering. Eur. Phys. J. Appl. Phys. 2011, 53:10501. CrossRef
- Swanepoel R: Determination of the Thickness and Optical Constants of Amorphous Silicon. J. Phys. E 1983, 16:1214–1224. CrossRef
- Sivasankar Reddy A, VenkataSubba Reddy K, Uthanna S, Sreedhara Reddy P: Copper nitride films deposited by dc reactive magnetron sputtering. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron 2007, 18:1003–1008. CrossRef
- Odeh IM: Fabrication and optical constants of amorphous copper nitride thin films prepared by ion beam assisted dc magnetron reactive sputtering. J. Alloys Compd. 2008, 454:102–105. CrossRef
- Ozgur U: Alivov YaI, Liu C, Teke A, Reshchikov MA, Dogan S, Avrutin V, Cho SJ. Morkoc H: J. Appl. Phys. 2005, 98:041301. CrossRef
- Poelman D, Smet PF: Methods for the Determination of the Optical Constants of Thin Films from Single Transmission Measurements: A Critical Review. J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 2003, 36:1850–1857. CrossRef
- Fox M: Optical properties of solids. 1st edition. Oxford University Press, Oxford; 2002.
- Optical characterization of Cu3N thin film with Swanepoel method
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Journal of Theoretical and Applied Physics
- Online Date
- July 2012
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Copper nitride
- Thin film
- Magnetron sputtering
- Energy gap
- Swanepoel method.