Editorial preface to the first volume of Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Inaugural issue introduction
In today's world, whether a researcher, policy maker or practitioner, change and turbulence, socio-economic and socio-technical constitute the order of the day and serve to inject substantial amounts of uncertainty and risk that complicate decisions and even endanger their sustainability.
The Springer Open Access Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (JIE) is meant to look far out enough in time, space and across disciplines and focusing on innovation frontiers, events and processes to engender the formation of unique insights and implications for policy and practice, and in this regard, JIE is to focus on the Geography and History of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
We envision the Geography of Innovation and Entrepreneurship as the topological mapping of innovation and entrepreneurship tangibles and intangibles (vs. Geography which maps tangibles).
We envision the History of Innovation and Entrepreneurship as the chronological listing of innovation and ...
- Carayannis, EG (2011) The open innovation paradigm and strategic options for EU-US innovation partnerships: the Freie concept in the context of open innovation diplomacy.
- Carayannis, EG, Campbell, DFJ (2005) Knowledge creation, diffusion, and use in innovation networks and knowledge clusters: a comparative systems approach across the United States, Europe, and Asia. Praeger, Connecticut, London
- Carayannis, EG, Campbell, DFJ (2009) ‘Mode 3’ and ‘Quadruple Helix’: toward a 21st century fractal innovation ecosystem. Int. J. of Technology Management 46: pp. 201-234 CrossRef
- Carayannis, EG, Campbell, DFJ (2010) Triple Helix, Quadruple Helix and Quintuple Helix and how do knowledge, innovation and the environment relate to each other?: a proposed framework for a trans-disciplinary analysis of sustainable development and social ecology. International Journal of Social Ecology and Sustainable Development 1: pp. 41-69 CrossRef
- Carayannis, EG, Campbell, DFJ (2011) Open innovation diplomacy and a 21st century fractal research, education and innovation (FREIE) ecosystem: building on the Quadruple and Quintuple Helix Innovation concepts and the ‘Mode 3’ knowledge production system. J Knowl Econ 3: pp. 327-372 CrossRef
- Carayannis, EG, Campbell, DFJ (2012) Mode 3 knowledge production in quadruple helix innovation systems: 21st-century democracy, innovation, and entrepreneurship for development. Springer, NY, USA
- Carayannis, EG, Kaloudis, A (2009) A time for action and a time to lead: democratic capitalism and a new ‘new deal’ for the US and the World in the twenty-first century. Japan Economic Currents 71: pp. 6-10
- Carayannis, EG, Papadopoulos, CB (2011) The innovation diplomacy concept and the Hellenic-American innovation bridge as a special case-in-point. J Knowl Econ 2: pp. 257-326 CrossRef
- Lazzarato, M (2007) Strategies of the political entrepreneur. SubStance 36: pp. 87-97 CrossRef
- Sonnenburg, J, Bonas, G, Schuch, K (2012) White paper on opportunities and challenges in view of enhancing the EU cooperation with Eastern Europe, Central Asia and South Caucasus in science, research and innovation. INCO-NET EECA Project.
- Editorial preface to the first volume of Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Online Date
- August 2012
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Information Systems and Technology Management, George Washington University, School of Business, Washington, DC, 20052, USA
- 2. Faculty for Interdisciplinary Studies (IFF), Institute of Science Communication and Higher Education Research (WIHO), University of Klagenfurt, Schottenfeldgasse 29, A-1070, Vienna, Austria