Nonlinear eigenvalue and frequency response problems in industrial practice
- Volker MehrmannAffiliated withInstitut für Mathematik Email author
- , Christian SchröderAffiliated withInstitut für Mathematik
We discuss the numerical solution of large scale nonlinear eigenvalue problems and frequency response problems that arise in the analysis, simulation and optimization of acoustic fields. We report about the cooperation with the company SFE in Berlin. We present the challenges in the current industrial problems and the state-of-the-art of current methods.
The difficulties that arise with current off-the-shelf methods are discussed and several industrial examples are presented.
It is documented that industrial cooperation is by no means a one-way street of transfer from academia to industry but the challenges arising in industrial practice also lead to new mathematical questions which actually change the mathematical theory and methods.
KeywordsNonlinear eigenvalue problem frequency response problem complex symmetric linear system block-Arnoldi method acoustic field computation automotive industry AMS Subject Classification: 65F18 15A18
- Nonlinear eigenvalue and frequency response problems in industrial practice
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Journal of Mathematics in Industry
- Online Date
- July 2011
- Online ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Nonlinear eigenvalue problem
- frequency response problem
- complex symmetric linear system
- block-Arnoldi method
- acoustic field computation
- automotive industry
- AMS Subject Classification: 65F18