A tale of 10 European centres – 2010 APOSSM travelling fellowship review in ACL surgery
The purpose of ESSKA- APOSSM Travelling fellowship is to better understand the epidemiology, management and surgical techniques for sports across continents. There has been a progressive evolution in ACL reconstruction and there is variation in technique in ACL reconstruction amongst the most experienced surgeons in different continents. During this one month fellowship, we saw various ACL reconstruction techniques using different graft sources, with a variety of graft fixation methods, with the common aim of recreating an anatomical ACL reconstruction.
- A tale of 10 European centres – 2010 APOSSM travelling fellowship review in ACL surgery
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy, Rehabilitation, Therapy & Technology
- Online Date
- July 2012
- Online ISSN
- BioMed Central
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Changi General Hospital, 2 Simei St 3, Singapore, 529889, Singapore
- 2. Department of Orthopedic Suregry, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7-5-2 Kusunoki-cho, Chuou-Ku, Kobe, 650-0017, Japan
- 3. Department of Arthroscopy Surgery, Shanghai No 6 Peoples Hospital, Shanghai, 200233, China
- 4. Department of Orthopedics & Traumatology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, PR China