Photoacoustic effects in nanocomposite structure ‘porous silicon-liquid’
Photoacoustic effect in nanocomposite structure ‘porous silicon-liquid’ has been investigated. Main mechanisms involved in the formation of photoacoustic signal in such structures have been experimentally studied. Liquids with different viscosity (ethanol and acetone) filling the nanopores have been used. A proposed mathematical model describing the photoacoustic signal formation was found to be in good agreement with the experimental results. The role of thermally induced pressures provoked by the liquids confined inside the nanopores in the photoacoustic process has been analyzed.
- Lu GQ, Zhao XS (Eds): Nanoporous Materials - Science and Engineering. Hackensack: World Scientific Publishing Co; 2004.
- Yasuda MT, Melo WLB: A new method to determine open porosity and permeability constants of openpore sintered glasses by photoacoustic technique. Cerâmica 2005, 51:259–264. CrossRef
- Astrath NGC, Astrath FBG, Shen J, Lei C, Zhou J, Liu ZS, Navessin T, Baesso ML, Bento AC: An open-photoacoustic-cell method for thermal characterization of a two-layer system. J Appl Phys 2010, 107:043514. CrossRef
- May-Crespo J, Martinez-Torres P, Alvarado-Gil JJ, Quintana P, Ordусez-Miranda J: Water transport monitoring in calcium carbonate stones by photoacoustic spectroscopy. Int J Thermophys 2010,31(4–5):1027–1036. CrossRef
- Andrusenko D, Burbelo R, Kuzmich A: Photothermoacoustic conversion in porous matrix-liquid filler systems. Tech Phys Lett 2010,36(12):1121–1124. CrossRef
- Yu Galimov A, Khabibullin IL: Features of high-viscosity fluid flow through a porous medium heated by electromagnetic radiation. Fluid Dynamics 2000,35(5):725–733. CrossRef
- Nowacki W: Thermoelasticity. London: Pergamon Press; 1986.
- Alekseev S, Andrusenko D, Burbelo R, Isaiev M, Kuzmich A: Photoacoustic thermal conductivity determination of layered structures PS-Si: piezoelectric detection. J Phys: Conference Series 2011, 278:012003. CrossRef
- Lysenko V, Vitiello J, Remaki B, Barbier D: Gas permeability of porous silicon nanostructures. Phys Rev E 2004, 70:017301. CrossRef
- Bernini U, Bernini R, Maddalena P, Massera E, Rucco P: Determination of thermal diffusivity of suspended porous silicon films by thermal lens technique. Appl Phys A 2005, 81:399–404. CrossRef
- Photoacoustic effects in nanocomposite structure ‘porous silicon-liquid’
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Nanoscale Research Letters
- Online Date
- July 2012
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Porous silicon
- Photoacoustic and photothermal phenomena
- Nanocomposite structures
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Faculty of Physics, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, 64, Volodymyrs’ka St, Kyiv, 01601, Ukraine
- 2. Institut des Nanotechnologies de Lyon (INL), UMR-5270, CNRS, INSA de Lyon, Universitй de Lyon, bat, Blaise Pascal, 7 Av. Jean Capelle, Villeurbanne, 69621, France