November 2003, 2:8,
Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Date: 16 Nov 2003
Initiating informatics and GIS support for a field investigation of Bioterrorism: The New Jersey anthrax experience
Update: Investigation of anthrax associated with intentional exposure and interim public health guidelines. MMWR 2001,50(41):889–893.
Greene CM, Reehuis J, Tan C, Fiore AE, Goldstein S, Beach MJ, et al.: Epidemiologic investigations of bioterrorism-related anthrax, New Jersey, 2001. Emerg Infect Dis 2002,8(10):1048–55. Available from: URL:http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/EID/vol8no10/02-0329.htm
Dean AG, Arner TG, Sangam S, Sunki GG, Friedman R, Lantinga M, Zubieta JC, Sullivan KM, Smith DC: Epi Info a database and statistics program for public health professionals for use on Windows 95, 98, NT, and 2000 computers. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), Atlanta, Georgia, USA 2000.
Lazarus R, Kleinman K, Dashevsky I, Adams C, Kludt P, DeMaria A Jr, Platt R: Use of automated ambulatory-care encounter records for detection of acute illness clusters, including potential bioterrorism events. Emerg Infect Dis 2002,8(8):753–60.PubMed
Davenhall B: Building a community health surveillance system. ArcUser Online 2002, 1–2.
- Initiating informatics and GIS support for a field investigation of Bioterrorism: The New Jersey anthrax experience
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
International Journal of Health Geographics
- Online Date
- November 2003
- Online ISSN
- BioMed Central
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Division of Public Health Surveillance and Informatics (DPHSI), Epidemiology Program Office (EPO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Atlanta, GA, 30341, USA
- 2. Department of Medicine, Mercy Catholic Medical Center, 1500 Lansdowne Ave, Darby, PA, 19023, USA
- 3. New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services (NJDHSS), Trenton, NJ, USA
- 4. Health Geographics & Spatial Analysis Program, Baystate Medical Center, 3601 Main St., Springfield, MA, 01199, USA
- 5. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, DPHSI, EPO, Atlanta, GA, USA
- 6. EpiInformatics, 2877 McClave Drive, Doraville, GA, 30340, USA