Peoples expectations from healthcare providers – a Turkish perspective
There is high expectation from the population on part of the healthcare providers. These include; skillful and timely medication administration; and knowledge, honesty, listening skills, availability and professional attitude. The aim of this paper is to evaluate the expectation of population with regards to the healthcare providers in Turkey.
A cross sectional study in Turkey, including both rural and urban population, carried out from October 2011 till January 2012. A total of 540 heads of household were selected using multi stage random sampling. Data was collected using structured self-administered questionnaire. The tools used was modified 16-item Quality of Care Through the Patients’ Eyes (QUOTE) questionnaire. QUOTE questionnaire measures communication/accessibility, organizational skills and professional skills. The response rate was (77.1%) and data was analyzed by using SPSS version 16.0.
All aspects measured using QUOTE questionnaire were found to b ...
- Peoples expectations from healthcare providers – a Turkish perspective
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
BMC Health Services Research
- Online Date
- November 2012
- Online ISSN
- BioMed Central
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. United Nation University International Institute for Global Health, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2. Department of Econometrics, Economics and Management Sciences Faculty, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
- 3. International Centre for Casemix and Clinical Coding, UKMMC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 4. Department of Community Health, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia