October 2012, 11:8,
Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Primary care in the Asia-Pacific region: challenges and solutions
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
- Wong SY, Kung K, Griffiths SM, Carthy T, Wong MC, Lo SV, Chung VC, Goggins WB, Starfield B: Comparison of primary care experiences among adults in general outpatient clinics and private general practice clinics in Hong Kong. BMC Public Health 2010, 10:397. CrossRef
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government: Healthcare Reform Second Stage Public Consultation Document “My Health, My Choice”. Food and Health Bureau. 2010. http://www.myhealthmychoice.gov.hk/en/fullConsolDoc.html
- Hays RB, Morgan S: Australian and overseas models of general practice training. Med J Australia 2011,194(11):S63-S66.
- Osman H, Romani M, Hlais S: Family medicine in Arab countries. Fam Med 2011, 43:37–42.
- Prueksaritanond S, Tuchinda P: General practice residency training program in Thailand: past, present, and future. J Med Assoc Thai 2001, 84:1153–1157.
- Sturmberg J, Heard S: General practice education in Australia. Current issues. Aust Fam Physician 2004, 33:353–355.
- Wun YT, Lam TP, Lam KF, Li DK, Yip KC: Family medicine training in Hong Kong: similarities and differences between family and non-family doctors. Hong Kong Med J 2011, 17:47–53.
- Guides to Vocational Training. The Hong Kong College of Family Physicians. http://www.hkcfp.org.hk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=77&lang=en
- Jones R: Accurately assessing candidates for general practice. Aust Fam Physician 2009, 38:225–227.
- Sturmberg JP, Atkinson K, Farmer EA: Research and Development Subcommittee, Board of Examiners, The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. Standards and performance— attainment and maintenance of professional capabilities. Aust Fam Physician 2005, 34:371–373.
- WHO: Report 2008: Primary Health Care, Now More Than Ever. World Health Organization, Geneva; 2008.
- Abyad A, Al-Baho AK, Unluoglu I, Tarawneh M, Al Hilfy TK: Development of family medicine in the middle East. Fam Med 2007, 39:736–741.
- Montegut AJ, Cartwright CA, Schirmer JM, Cummings S: An international consultation: the development of family medicine in Vietnam. Fam Med 2004, 36:352–356.
- Nieman LZ, Kvale PJ, Fu X, Gu Y, Strobel HW: Bringing a family practice model of health to the People's Republic of China. Fam Med 2001, 33:696–701. Review
- Murai M, Kitamura K, Fetters MD: Lessons learned in developing family medicine residency training programs in Japan. BMC Med Educ 2005, 15:5–33.
- Primary care in the Asia-Pacific region: challenges and solutions
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Asia Pacific Family Medicine
- Online Date
- October 2012
- Online ISSN
- BioMed Central
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Bond University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
- 2. Department of Family Medicine and Primary Care, The University of Hong Kong, Hongkong, Hong Kong
- 3. Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of the Philippines Manila, Manila, Philippines