Nonlinear conditions for the existence of best proximity points
In this paper, we first introduce the new notion of -cyclic contraction and establish some new existence and convergence theorems of iterates of best proximity points for -cyclic contractions. Some nontrivial examples illustrating our results are also given.
MSC: 41A17, 47H09.
- Eldred, AA, Veeramani, P (2006) Existence and convergence of best proximity points. J. Math. Anal. Appl 323: pp. 1001-1006 CrossRef
- Kirk, WA, Srinivasan, PS, Veeramani, P (2003) Fixed points for mappings satisfying cyclical contractive conditions. Fixed Point Theory 4: pp. 79-89
- Eldred, AA, Anuradha, J, Veeramani, P (2009) On the equivalence of the Mizoguchi-Takahashi fixed point theorem to Nadler’s theorem. Appl. Math. Lett 22: pp. 1539-1542 CrossRef
- Al-Thagafi, MA, Shahzad, N (2009) Convergence and existence results for best proximity points. Nonlinear Anal 70: pp. 3665-3671 CrossRef
- Suzuki, T, Kikkawa, M, Vetro, C (2009) The existence of the best proximity points in metric spaces with the property UC. Nonlinear Anal 71: pp. 2918-2926 CrossRef
- Jleli, M, Karapinar, E, Samet, B (2012) Fixed point results for almost generalized cyclic -weak contractive type mappings with applications. Abstr. Appl. Anal.
- Du, W-S (2010) Some new results and generalizations in metric fixed point theory. Nonlinear Anal 73: pp. 1439-1446 CrossRef
- Du, W-S (2010) Nonlinear contractive conditions for coupled cone fixed point theorems. Fixed Point Theory Appl.
- Du, W-S (2011) New cone fixed point theorems for nonlinear multivalued maps with their applications. Appl. Math. Lett 24: pp. 172-178 CrossRef
- Du, W-S (2012) On coincidence point and fixed point theorems for nonlinear multivalued maps. Topol. Appl 159: pp. 49-56 CrossRef
- Du, W-S (2012) On generalized weakly directional contractions and approximate fixed point property with applications. Fixed Point Theory Appl.
- Du, W-S (2012) On approximate coincidence point properties and their applications to fixed point theory. J. Appl. Math.
- Du, W-S, He, Z, Chen, Y-L (2012) New existence theorems for approximate coincidence point property and approximate fixed point property with applications to metric fixed point theory. J. Nonlinear Convex Anal 13: pp. 459-474
- Nonlinear conditions for the existence of best proximity points
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Journal of Inequalities and Applications
- Online Date
- September 2012
- Online ISSN
- Springer International Publishing AG
- Additional Links
- cyclic map
- best proximity point
- -function ( -function)
- -cyclic contraction