Nonlinear conditions for the existence of best proximity points
- Wei-Shih DuAffiliated withDepartment of Mathematics, National Kaohsiung Normal University Email author
- , Hossein LakzianAffiliated withDepartment of Mathematics, Payame Noor University
In this paper, we first introduce the new notion of -cyclic contraction and establish some new existence and convergence theorems of iterates of best proximity points for -cyclic contractions. Some nontrivial examples illustrating our results are also given.
MSC: 41A17, 47H09.
Keywordscyclic map best proximity point -function ( -function) -cyclic contraction
- Nonlinear conditions for the existence of best proximity points
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Journal of Inequalities and Applications
- Online Date
- September 2012
- Online ISSN
- Springer International Publishing AG
- Additional Links
- cyclic map
- best proximity point
- -function ( -function)
- -cyclic contraction