A superlinearly convergent hybrid algorithm for systems of nonlinear equations
- Lian ZhengAffiliated withDepartment of Mathematics and Computer Science, Yangtze Normal University Email author
We propose a new algorithm for solving systems of nonlinear equations with convex constraints which combines elements of Newton, the proximal point, and the projection method. The convergence of the whole sequence is established under weaker conditions than the ones used in existing projection-type methods. We study the superlinear convergence rate of the new method if in addition a certain error bound condition holds. Preliminary numerical experiments show that our method is efficient.
MSC: 90C25, 90C30.
Keywordsnonlinear equations projection method global convergence superlinear convergence
- A superlinearly convergent hybrid algorithm for systems of nonlinear equations
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Journal of Inequalities and Applications
- Online Date
- August 2012
- Online ISSN
- Springer International Publishing AG
- Additional Links
- nonlinear equations
- projection method
- global convergence
- superlinear convergence
- Lian Zheng (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Yangtze Normal University, Fuling, Chongqing, 408100, China