A Pilot Use of Team-Based Learning in Psychiatry Resident Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Education
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Demonstrating psychotherapy competency in trainees will test the resources of psychiatry training programs. The authors outline the phases of team-based learning (TBL).
The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Tulsa (OUCM-T), Department of Psychiatry reorganized its psychodynamic psychotherapy didactic course using TBL.
Team-based learning offers a promising alternative to traditional psychodynamic psychotherapy didactics, potentially increasing resident learning efficiency through a structured learning cycle emphasizing accountability to a learning team.
- The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Program Requirements for Residency Training in Psychiatry, Jan 2001. http://www.acgme.org/downloads/RRC_progReq/400pr101
- Yager, J, Kay, J, Mellman, L (2003) Assessing psychotherapy competence: a beginning. Acad Psychiatry 27: pp. 3
- Magen, J, Banazak, D (2000) The cost of residency training in psychiatry. Acad Psychiatry 24: pp. 4 CrossRef
- Michaelson, LK, Fink, LD, Knight, A Designing effective group activities: lessons for classroom teaching and faculty development. In: DeZure, D eds. (1997) To Improve the Academy: Resources for Faculty, Instructional and Organizational Development. New Forums Press, Stillwater, OK
- Levine, R, O’Boyle, M, Haidet, P (2004) Transforming a clinical clerkship with team learning. Teach Learn Med 16: pp. 270-275 CrossRef
- Michaelson, LK, Watson, WE, Cragin, J (1982) Team learning: a potential solution to the problems of large classes. Exchange: The Organizational Behavior Teaching J 7: pp. 1321
- Light, R (1990) The Harvard Assessment Seminars. Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, Mass
- McInerney M, Fink LD: Team-Based Learning Enhances Long-term Retention and Critical Thinking in an Undergraduate Microbial Physiology Course. Microbiology Education, May 2003. http://www.microbelibrary.org/index.asp.
- Michaelson, LK, Watson, WE, Black, RH (1989) Realistic test of individual versus group decision making. J Appl Psychol 74: pp. 834-839 CrossRef
- A Pilot Use of Team-Based Learning in Psychiatry Resident Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Education
Volume 29, Issue 3 , pp 293-296
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links