A Pilot Use of Team-Based Learning in Psychiatry Resident Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Education
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Demonstrating psychotherapy competency in trainees will test the resources of psychiatry training programs. The authors outline the phases of team-based learning (TBL).
The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Tulsa (OUCM-T), Department of Psychiatry reorganized its psychodynamic psychotherapy didactic course using TBL.
Team-based learning offers a promising alternative to traditional psychodynamic psychotherapy didactics, potentially increasing resident learning efficiency through a structured learning cycle emphasizing accountability to a learning team.
- The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Program Requirements for Residency Training in Psychiatry, Jan 2001. http://www.acgme.org/downloads/RRC_progReq/400pr101
- Yager J, Kay J, Mellman L: Assessing psychotherapy competence: a beginning. Acad Psychiatry 2003; 27: 3
- Magen J, Banazak D: The cost of residency training in psychiatry. Acad Psychiatry 2000; 24: 4 CrossRef
- Michaelson LK, Fink LD, Knight A: Designing effective group activities: lessons for classroom teaching and faculty development, in To Improve the Academy: Resources for Faculty, Instructional and Organizational Development. Edited by DeZure D. Stillwater, OK, New Forums Press, 1997
- Levine R, O’Boyle M, Haidet P, et al: Transforming a clinical clerkship with team learning. Teach Learn Med 2004; 16: 270–275 CrossRef
- Michaelson LK, Watson WE, Cragin J, et al: Team learning: a potential solution to the problems of large classes. Exchange: The Organizational Behavior Teaching J 1982; 7: 1321
- Light R: The Harvard Assessment Seminars. Cambridge, Mass, Harvard Graduate School of Education, 1990
- McInerney M, Fink LD: Team-Based Learning Enhances Long-term Retention and Critical Thinking in an Undergraduate Microbial Physiology Course. Microbiology Education, May 2003. http://www.microbelibrary.org/index.asp.
- Michaelson LK, Watson WE, Black RH: Realistic test of individual versus group decision making. J Appl Psychol 1989; 74: 834–839 CrossRef
- A Pilot Use of Team-Based Learning in Psychiatry Resident Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Education
Volume 29, Issue 3 , pp 293-296
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links