October 2012, 72:2176,
Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Date: 17 Oct 2012
A Monte-Carlo generator for statistical hadronization in high energy e+e− collisions
We present a Monte-Carlo implementation of the Statistical Hadronization Model in e+e− collisions. The physical scheme is based on the statistical hadronization of massive clusters produced by the event generator Herwig within the microcanonical ensemble. We present a preliminary comparison of several observables with measurements in e+e− collisions at the Z peak. Although a fine tuning of the model parameters is not carried out, a general good agreement between its predictions and data is found.
F. Becattini, Introduction to the statistical hadronization model. arXiv:0901.3643
F. Becattini, R. Fries, in Relativistic Heavy Ion Physics (Landolt–Börnstein, Berlin, 2010), pp. 1–23. arXiv:0907.1031
C. Bignamini, MCSTHAR++ a statistical hadronization code for Monte Carlo event generators. PhD Thesis (2010). (http://www.infn.it/thesis/)
G. Alexander et al., Z. Phys. C 73, 569 (1997) CrossRef
- A Monte-Carlo generator for statistical hadronization in high energy e+e− collisions
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
The European Physical Journal C
- Online Date
- October 2012
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Dipartimento di Fisica, Università di Pavia, Pavia, Italy
- 2. INFN Sezione di Pavia, Pavia, Italy
- 3. Dipartimento di Fisica e Astronomia, Università di Firenze, Firenze, Italy
- 4. INFN Sezione di Firenze, Firenze, Italy