Geant4 Monte Carlo simulations for the LPCTrap setup
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The LPCTrap setup at GANIL is fully operational since 2006. The first breakthrough was the detection of 100000 coincidences between the \( \beta\) particles and the recoil ions from the decay of 6He+ produced by the SPIRAL source. After preparation, the decaying nuclei are confined in a transparent Paul trap which is surrounded by a \( \beta\) -telescope made of a double-sided silicon strip detector followed by a scintillator, and by a micro-channel plate position-sensitive detector to record in coincidence the \( \beta\) particles and the recoil ions. Simulations of this system are needed in order to study possible systematic effects and extract with high accuracy the \( \beta\) - \( \nu\) angular-correlation coefficient. A code based on Geant4 is well suited for this purpose. In this contribution the results from the simulations compared with those from the experiment will be presented and discussed.
- D. Rodríguez et al., Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A 565, 876 (2006). CrossRef
- X. Féchard et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 212504 (2008). CrossRef
- F. Varenne, LIRAT: A very low energy beam line for radioactive ions, in Technical Report on Operating Accelerators 2003–2004, internal report GANIL R-05-01, 2005.
- G. Ban et al., Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A 518, 712 (2004). CrossRef
- C.H. Johnson et al., Phys. Rev. 132, 1149 (1963). CrossRef
- S. Agostinelli et al., Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A 506, 250 (2003). CrossRef
- A. Méry, PhD Thesis, Université de Caen Basse-Normandie.
- D. Rodríguez et al., Hyperfine Interface 174, 371 (2007).
- D. Dahl, SIMION 3D version 7.0 User’s Manual (2000).
- E. Liénard et al., Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A 551, 375 (2005). CrossRef
- Geant4 Monte Carlo simulations for the LPCTrap setup
The European Physical Journal A
Volume 42, Issue 3 , pp 397-400
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Departamento de Física Aplicada, Universidad de Huelva, 21071, Huelva, Spain
- 2. LPC-Caen, ENSICAEN, Université de Caen Basse-Normandie, CNRS/IN2P3-ENSI, Caen, France
- 3. GANIL, CEA/DSM-CNRS/IN2P3, Caen, France