Influence of temperature on fractional composition of proteins and respiration of germinating seeds of Gmelin and Siberian larch
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The influence of optimal and contrasting temperatures on the fractional composition of proteins and respiration of germinating seeds of Gmelin larch (Larix gmelinii (Rupr.) Rupr.) and Siberian larch (Larix sibirica Ledeb.) was revealed. The dominance of globulins (salt-soluble fraction) and insoluble proteins was noted in viable air-dry seeds of larch. Optimal and contrasting temperatures of germination of seeds caused significant changes in the content and dynamics of separate fractions of protein, the contrasting temperatures causing greater changes: increasing in the content of insoluble proteins, intense consumption of globulins at separate stages of germination. Respiration of the seeds during germination at contrasting temperatures also increased more than at an optimal temperature. Thermal regime of germination affected the character of relations between the respiration rate and contents of different protein fractions.
Supplementary Material (0)
- A. P. Abaimov, A. I. Bondarev, O. A. Zyryanova, and S. A. Shitova, Polar Forests of Krasnoyarsk Region (Novosibirsk, 1997) [in Russian].
- S. G. Prokushkin, Mineral Nutrition of Pine (on Cold Soils) (Novosibirsk, 1982) [in Russian].
- Yu. E. Novitskaya, P. F. Chikina, and G. I. Sofronova, Physiological and Biochemical Basins for Growth and Adaptation of Pine in the North (Leningrad, 1985) [in Russian].
- S. G. Prokushkin, L. N. Kaverzina, and G. G. Polyakova, Izv. SO AN SSSR. Ser. Biol. 13(2), 60 (1986).
- E.A. Miroslavov, Botanicheskii Zh. 79, 20 (1994).
- N. E. Sudachkova, I. V. Shein, L. I. Romanova, and I. L. Milyutin, Biochemical Indicators of Stress in Plants (Novosibirsk, 1997) [in Russian].
- V. K. Voinikov, M. V. Korytov, and E. A. Kalacheva, Russ. J. Plant Physiol. 36, 107 (1989).
- A. F Titov, V. V. Talanova, and T. V. Akimova, Russ. J. Plant Physiol. 50, 94 (2003). CrossRef
- A. Kasperska-Palacz, M. Jasinska, A. Sobczyk, and B. Wcislinka, Biol. Plan. Acad. Sci. Bogemosl. 19, 10 (1977).
- Kung Seong-Mo and J. S. Titus, J. Hort. Sci. 62 281 (1987).
- M. G. Nikolaeva, I. V. Lyanguzova, and L. M. Pozdova, Biology of Seeds (St. Petersburg, 1999) [in Russian].
- M. F. Thomashow, Ann. Rev. Plant Mol. Biol. 50, 571 (1999). CrossRef
- O. A. Semikhatova, in 48th Timiryazev Lectures (Leningrad, 1990), pp. 49–55 [in Russian].
- O. A. Semikhatova, Russ. J. Plant Physiol. 42, 312 (1995).
- A. K. Romanova, L. G. Kuznetsova, and E. V. Golovina, in Nitrogen and Carbohydrate Nutrition of Plants and their Relationships during Photosynthesis (Pushchino, 1987), pp. 39–57 [in Russian].
- G. A. Zabuga, “Ecological and Physiological Aspects of Production of Scots Pine in Forest-Steppe Predbaikalia,” Doctoral Dissertation in Biology (Irkutsk, 2006).
- A. I. Korovin, Role of Temperature in Mineral Nutrition of Plants (Leningrad, 1972) [in Russian].
- M. A. Shcherbakova, Determination of Quality of the Seeds of Coniferous Species Using X-Rays (Krasnoyarsk, 1965) [in Russian].
- T. I. Korotkii, S. G. Prokushkin, and L. N. Kaverzina, Lesovedenie, No. 5, 53 (2002).
- H. Lyr, H. Polster, and H.-J. Fiedler, Gehölzphysiologie (Fischer Verlag, Jena, 1967; Moscow, 1974).
- Kh. N. Pochinok, Methods of Biochemical Analysis of Plants (Kiev, 1976) [in Russian].
- G. F. Lakin, Biometry (Moscow, 1973) [in Russian].
- T. Minamikawa, Plant and Cell Physiol. 24, 1361 (1983).
- O. A. Novozhilova and L. P. Aref’ev, Izv. SO RAN. Ser. Biol., No. 2, 209 (1993).
- V. F. Semikhov, Byul. MOIP, Otd. Biol. 94, 9 (1989).
- K. A. Sergeeva, Physiological and Biochemical Grounds for Winter-Tolerance of Tree Plants (Mocsow, 1971) [in Russian].
- L. M. Luk’yanova, T. N. Lokteva, and T. M. Bulycheva, Gas-Exchange and Pigment System of Kola Subarctic’s Plants (Khibiny Mountains) (Apatity, 1986) [in Russian].
- T. K. Golovko, Respiration of Plants (Physiological Aspects) (St. Petersburg, 1999) [in Russian].
- V. V. Rogozhin, “Physiological and Biochemical Mechanisms of Formation fo Hypobiotic States of Higher Plants,” Doctoral Dissertation in Biology (Irkutsk, 2000).
- B. A. Rubin, Course on Physiology of Plants (Moscow, 1971) [in Russian].
About this Article
- Influence of temperature on fractional composition of proteins and respiration of germinating seeds of Gmelin and Siberian larch
Contemporary Problems of Ecology
Volume 2, Issue 6 , pp 611-619
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- fractional composition of proteins
- Gmelin and Siberian larch
- influence of temperature
- respiration of seeds