Phase diagram of the liquid ternary system hexane-dimethylformamide-solvate of thorium(IV) nitrate with tri-n-butyl phosphate at various temperatures
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The phase diagram of the ternary liquid system hexane-dimethylformamide-[Th(NO3)4(TBP)2] was studied at various temperatures. The system consists of two pairs of partially miscible liquids: hexane-dimethylformamide and [Th(NO3)4(TBP)2]-hexane. The area of separation into two liquid phases in the system [Th(NO3)4(TBP)2]-hexane is narrowed with heating; the upper critical temperature T cr is 337.85±0.25 K. The influence of temperature on the area of separation into layers of the system hexane-dimethylformamide is insignificant. The ternary liquid system is characterized by two homogeneous and one two-phase area of liquid solutions at T < 338 K. One of the phases contains variable amounts of [Th(NO3)4(TBP)2] and hexane, and also small amounts of dimethylformamide; the other phase contains variable amounts of dimethylformamide and [Th(NO3)4(TBP)2] and also small amounts of hexane. With increasing temperature, the two-phase area is narrowed and deformed and the homogeneous areas are extended. At T > 338 K, the system transforms into a ternary liquid system with one pair of partially miscible liquids (hexane-dimethylformamide).
- Pyartman, A.K., Keskinov, V.A., Lishchuk, V.V., and Spiridonova, I.A., Radiokhimiya, 2006, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 245–251.
- Treybal, R.E., Liquid Extraction, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1963.
- Pyartman, A.K., Keskinov, V.A., Mishina, N.E., and Kudrova, A.V., Radiokhimiya, 2005, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 443–444.
- Keskinov, V.A., Mishina, N.E., and Pyartman, A.K., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 2005, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 1768–1771.
- Phase diagram of the liquid ternary system hexane-dimethylformamide-solvate of thorium(IV) nitrate with tri-n-butyl phosphate at various temperatures
Volume 50, Issue 4 , pp 378-380
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors