Karyogenomics of species of the genus Linum L.
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Using the molecular cytogenetic and RAPD methods of analysis, we studied genomes of 22 cultivated flax varieties and 24 wild species from six sections of the genus Linum L. The chromosome numbers were exactly determined in the karyotypes of all studied species, and all individual chromosomes were identified by the C/DAPI-banding pattern and localization of 26S rDNA and 5S rDNA. B chromosomes were discovered and studied for the first time in species of the section Syllinum Griseb. According to the data obtained, the species studied were divided into eight groups on the basis of similarity of their karyotypes, which corresponded in general to their clustering based on the RAPD results. The systematic positions and phylogenetic relationships of the flax species were verified.
- Yuzepchuk, S.V., Linaceae Dumort, in Flora SSSR (Flora of the Soviet Union), Moscow, 1949, vol. 14, pp. 84–146.
- Ockendon, D.J. and Walters, S.M., Linaceae, Flora Europaea, vol. 2: Rosaceae to Umbelliferae, Tutin T.G., Heywood, V.H., Burgos N.A., et. al., Eds., Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press, 1968, pp. 589–603.
- Egorova, T.V., Family Linaceae DC. ex S.F. Gray, in Flora Vostochnoi Evropy (Flora of Eastern Europe), St. Petersburg, 1996, vol. 9, pp. 346–361.
- Bolkhovskikh, Z.V., Grif, V.G., Zakhar’eva, O.I., and Matveeva, T.S., Khromosomnye chisla tsvetkovykh rastenii (Chromosome Numbers of the Flowering Plants), Leningrad: Nauka, 1969.
- Chennaveeraiah, M.S. and Joshi, K.K., Karyotypes in Cultivated and Wild Species of Linum, Cytologia, 1983, vol. 48, pp. 833–841.
- Ray, C., Cytological Studies on the Flax Genus (Linum), Am. J. Bot., 1944, vol. 31, pp. 241–248. CrossRef
- Rogers, C.M., Mildner, R., and Harris, B.D., Some Additional Chromosome Numbers in the Linaceae, Brittonia, 1972, vol. 24, pp. 313–316. CrossRef
- Muravenko, O.V. and Zelenin, A.V., Chromosomal Organization of Genomes of Minichromosomic Plants, Russ. J. Genet., 2009, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 1516–1529. CrossRef
- Bol’sheva, N.L., Semenova, O.Yu., Muravenko, O.V., et al., Localization of the Telomere Sequences in Chromosomes of Wild Species of Linum, Biol. Membrany, 2005, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 227–231.
- Muravenko, O.V., Yurkevich, O.Yu., Bolsheva, N.L., et al., Comparison of Genomes of Eight Species of Sections Linum and Adenolinum from the Genus Linum Based on Chromosome Banding, Molecular Markers and RAPD Analysis, Genetics, 2009, vol. 135, pp. 245–255.
- Svetlova, A.A., Genus Linum L., (Linaceae DC. ex Perleb) in the Flora of Northern Eurasia: Systematics, Geography, Evolution, Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Biol.) Dissertation, St. Petersburg: V.L. Komarov Inst. of Botany, Russian Acad. Sci., 2007.
- Optasyuk, O.M., Genus Linum L. in the Flora of Ukraine, Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Biol.) Dissertation, Kiev: G. Kholodnyi Inst. of Botany, National Acad. Sci. of Ukraine, 2007.
- Svetlova, A.A., A New Section of the Genus Linum L. (Linaceae), Botanicheskiy Zh., 2006, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 306–311.
- Nicholls, M.C., A Systematic Study of the Linum tenuifolium Group (Linaceae), Bot. J. Linnean Soc., 1985, vol. 91, pp. 473–490. CrossRef
- Karyogenomics of species of the genus Linum L.
Russian Journal of Genetics
Volume 46, Issue 10 , pp 1182-1185
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links