Mathematical modeling of the partial oxidation of hydrocarbons in a multiple-shelf reactor for the case of methylacrolein synthesis
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A numerical study of the mathematical model of a multiple-shelf reactor in which the fixed beds of a porous catalyst alternate with built-in heat exchangers is performed. The possibility of carrying out the process of methylacrolein production by the partial oxidation of isobutylene by air oxygen is shown and the optimum conditions are determined.
- Ioffe, I.I. and Pis’men, L.M., Inzhenernaya khimiya geterogennogo kataliza (Engineering Chemistry of Heterogeneous Catalysis), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1972.
- Shatunova, E.N., Vaganov, D.A., and Butakov, A.A., Study of the Macrokinetics of the Partial Oxidation of Isobutylene in Tubular Reactors with the Fixed Bed of a Catalyst, Teor. Osn. Khim. Tekhnol., 1994, vol. 28, no. 2, p. 145.
- Slin’ko, M.G., History of the Development of Mathematical Modeling of Catalytic Processes and Reactors, Teor. Osn. Khim. Tekhnol., 2007, vol. 41, no. 1, p. 16 [Theor. Found. Chem. Eng. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 41, no. 1, p. 3].
- Kirillov, V.A. and Koptyug, I.V., Critical Phenomena in Trickle-Bed Reactors, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 2005, vol. 44, p. 9727. CrossRef
- Vinogradova, O.M., Linde, V.R., Lubentsov, B.Z., et al., Oxidation of Isobutylene to Methylacrolein over a K-38 Catalyst, Sb. tr. Vsesoyuz. konf. “Kinetika-3” (Proc. All-Union Conf. “Kinetics-3”), Kalinin, 1980, vol. 1, p. 85.
- Merzhanov, A.G., Zelikman, E.G., and Abramov, V.G., Degenerate Modes of Thermal Explosion, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1968, vol. 180, no. 3, p. 639.
- Mathematical modeling of the partial oxidation of hydrocarbons in a multiple-shelf reactor for the case of methylacrolein synthesis
Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering
Volume 44, Issue 2 , pp 133-138
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors