Fatigue life of implants made of titanium nickelide-based alloys
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Basic principles of predicting the fatigue life of implants of various types made from titanium nick-elide-based alloys are determined. They include an analysis of the results of preliminary clinical tests for determining the change in the implant shape during the functional displacements of a patient, the calculation of the strain from the change in the implant shape, the determination of conditions for rapid fatigue tests of implants, and the prediction of the fatigue life of the implants using the results of rapid fatigue tests of the implant material.
- K. Otsuka and X. Ren, “Physical Metallurgy of Ti-Ni-Based Shape Memory Alloys,” Progr. Mater. Sci. 50, 511–678 (2005). CrossRef
- M. Yu. Kollerov, A. A. Il’in, I. S. Pol’kin, A. S. Fainbron, D. E. Gusev, and S. V. Khachin, “Structural Aspects of the Manufacture of Semiproducts Made from Titanium Nickelide-Based Alloys,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Met., No. 5, 77–85 (2007) [Russian Metallurgy (Metally), No. 5, 467–475 (2007)].
- M. Yu. Kollerov, A. A. Il’in, D. E. Gusev, and D. A. Lamzin, “Effect of Deformation Mechanisms on the Fatigue Properties of Metallic Materials,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Met., No. 5, 72–79 (2008) [Russian Metallurgy (Metally), No. 5, 462–467 (2008)].
- A. A. Il’in, M. Yu. Kollerov, V. I. Khachin, and D. A. Gusev, “Medical Instruments and Implants of Titanium Nickelide: Physical Metallurgy, Technology, and Application,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Met., No. 3, 105–110 (2002) [Russian Metallurgy (Metally), No. 3, 312–319 (2002)].
- M. Yu. Kollerov, A. A. Il’in, D. E. Gusev, T. V. Asatryan, and A. A. Pechetov, “Application of Fixation Devices Made of Titanium Nickelide for the Osteosynthesis of a Breast Bone during Cardiosurgical and Thoracic Operations,” in Proceedings of International Conference Ti-2008 in CIS (RIO IMF, Kiev, 2008), pp. 407–413.
- Fatigue life of implants made of titanium nickelide-based alloys
Russian Metallurgy (Metally)
Volume 2009, Issue 6 , pp 527-532
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links