To the theory of homogeneous nucleation: The nonisothermality of the Szilard model
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The kinetics of clusters in a nucleating system was considered. The inapplicability in principle of the Gauss (symmetrical) approximation to the distribution of clusters in a system with temperature fluctuations was shown. The appearance of “nonisothermality” was demonstrated by consistently using the exact (nonsymmetrical) representation of fluctuations. The nonisothermality under consideration was shown to arise even at saturation S = 1. The results that describe the degree of nonisothermality of the distribution of water clusters were obtained. These results showed that the nonisothermality effect weakly depended on the rate of heat transfer between clusters and the environment, which was in agreement with the experimental data on nucleation in various gases at various pressures.
- I. S. Al’tman, I. E. Agranovskii, M. Choi, and V. A. Zagainov, Zh. Fiz. Khim. (in press).
- Ford, I. J., Clement, C. F. (1989) J. Phys. A 22: pp. 4007 CrossRef
- Barrett, J. C., Clement, C. F., Ford, I. J. (1993) J. Phys. A 26: pp. 529 CrossRef
- McGraw, R., LaViolette, R. A. (1995) J. Chem. Phys. 102: pp. 8983 CrossRef
- Wyslouzil, B. E., Seinfeld, J. H. (1992) J. Chem. Phys. 97: pp. 2661 CrossRef
- Lifshitz, E. M., Pitaevsky, L. P. (1979) Physical Kinetics. Nauka, Moscow
- Girshick, S. L., Chiu, C.-P. (1990) J. Chem. Phys. 93: pp. 1273 CrossRef
- J. Wölk and R. Strey, J. Phys. Chem. B 105, 11683 (2001).
- Lushnikov, A. A., Kulmala, M. (1998) Phys. Rev. E: Stat. Phys., Plasmas, Fluids, Relat. Interdiscip. Top. 58: pp. 3157
- To the theory of homogeneous nucleation: The nonisothermality of the Szilard model
Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry A
Volume 83, Issue 1 , pp 63-70
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors