Acoustic estimate of barite mineralization manifestation in the Sea of Okhotsk
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
This paper presents the results of an acoustic survey of barite mineralization in the Deryugin Basin (Sea of Okhotsk) performed in 2002 and 2003 using echo sounders at operating frequencies of 12 and 20 kHz. A sketch map of the distribution of the maximum heights of the barite build-ups was composed. It is shown that the total mass of the barite deposits located on the seabed surface is about 3 million tons. The results confirm the high descriptiveness of the remote acoustic methods in the study of such objects.
- N. V. Astakhova, M. I. Lipkina, and Yu. I. Mel’nichenko, “Hydrothermal Barite Mineralization in the Deryugin Basin of the Sea of Okhotsk,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 295, 212–215 (1987).
- A. N. Derkachev, G. Bohrmann, J. Greinert, and A. V. Mozherovskii, “Authigenic Carbonate and Barite Mineralization in Sediments of the Deryugin Basin (Sea of Okhotsk),” Lithology and Mineral Resources, 35(6), 404–519 (2000) [Litol. Polezn. Iskop. 35 (6), 568–585 (2000)]. CrossRef
- A. N. Derkachev, A. I. Obzhirov, G. Bohrmann, et al., “Authigenic Mineral Formation in the Regions of Cold Gas-Fluid Emanations at the Bottom of the Sea of Okhotsk,” in: Conditions of Bottom Sediments Formation and Related Mineral Resources in Marginal Seas (Dal’nauka, Vladivostok, 2002), pp. 47–60 [in Russian].
- A. I. Obzhirov, A. N. Derkachev, V. B. Baranov, et al., “Methane Anomalies and Related Barites in the Deryugin Basin of the Sea of Okhotsk,” Podvodnye Tech. No. 2, 4–16 (2006).
- A. S. Salomatin, B. I. Baranov, O. S. Otroshchenko, and V. I. Yusupov, “Acoustic Survey of Barite Hills in the Sea of Okhotsk,” Proc. of the 13th Session of RAO (Geos, Moscow, 2003), V. 4, pp. 142–144.
- A. S. Salomatin, V. I. Yusupov, and B. Ya. Li, “Remote Acoustic Studies of Water Column and Ocean Bottom: Equipment and Methods,” Far Eastern Seas of Russia (Nauka, Moscow, 2007), Book 4: Physical Methods of Research, pp. 87–110.
- Cruise Report: KOMEX. R/V “Akademik M.A. Lavrentiev”, Cruise 29, Leg 1, GEOMAR, Report 110 (2003) (http://www.ifm-geomar.de/div/projects/komex/lv29cruise/report.html).
- Cruise Report: Hydro-Carbon Hydrate Accumulations in the Sea of Okhotsk (CHAOS Project Leg I and Leg II). R/V “Akademik M.A. Lavrentiev,” Cruise 31 and 32, VNII-Okeangeologia, St. Petersburg (2005). ISSN: 5-88994-066-X.
- H. Shoji, V. Soloviev, T. Matveeva, et al., Hydrate-Bearing Structures in the Sea of Okhotsk, Eos 86(2), 13–24 (2005). CrossRef
- Acoustic estimate of barite mineralization manifestation in the Sea of Okhotsk
Volume 49, Issue 3 , pp 438-441
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links