Individual sensitivity of Larix sibirica L. in open woodland of the Shira forest-steppe
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Some indices of individual variability in annual growth of Siberian larch in open woodlands of Khakassia are compared. In the Shira forest-steppe the Siberian larch exhibits high sensitivity of annual growth and diverse responses to changes in vegetative conditions. Stabilizing selection maintains dominance of trees with moderately sensitive annual growth. Such trees are the most vital. It has been shown that the adaptive norm of population’s response and the individual variability of annual growth positively correlate with the total annual precipitation. The sensitivity index of annual growth is a better indicator of the genetic structure of the population than the coefficient of variability of annual growth indices.
- I. S. Dashkovskaya, A. I. Buzykin, and V. G. Sukhovol’skii, in Homeostasis and Environment (Krasnoyarsk, 1997), Vol. 2, pp. 20–25 [in Russian].
- M. G. Romanovskii, in Biological Diversity of Forest Ecosystems (Moscow, 1995) pp. 37–40 [in Russian].
- F. I. Pleshikov, Ecological and Cenotical Factors of Pine Phytocenoses Organization as in Case of South Taiga and Steppe-Forest Pine Forests in Central Siberia (Krasnoyarsk, 1995) [in Russian].
- V. M. Goryachev, Russ. J. Ecol. 30(1), 6 (1999).
- Yu. F. Aref’ev and A. A. Semikolenkov, Lesnoe Khozyaistvo, No. 4, 29 (2003).
- Agrometeorological Annual (Krasnoyarsk, 1968–1987) [in Russian].
- S. G. Shiyatov, E. A. Vaganov, A. V. Kirdyanov, et al., Dendrochronological Methods. Textbook (Krasnoyarsk, 2000) [in Russian].
- V. A. Alekseev, Lesovedenie, No. 4, 51 (1989).
- S. G. Shiyatov, Dendrochronology of Upper Timberline at Urals (Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].
- V. M. Schmidt, Mathematical Methods in Botany (Leningrad, 1984) [in Russian].
- A. M. Dubrov, Method of Principal Components in Processing of Statistical Data (Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].
- L. A. Soshnikova, V. N. Tamashevich, G. Uebe, and M. Schefer, Multivariate Analysis in Economics (Moscow, 1999) [in Russian].
- N. V. Lovelius, Tree Growth Variability (Leningrad, 1979) [in Russian].
- Yu. V. Savva, L. I. Milyutin, and E. A. Vaganov, Lesovedenie, No. 2, 53 (2001).
- J. M. Harris, in IUFROWorkshop (Brisbane, 1977), p. 9.
- F. T. Ledig, B. J. Zobel, and M. F. Mathias, Can. J. For. Res. 5(2), 318 (1975).
- R. A. Megraw, Wood Quality Factors in Loblolly Pine (Georgia, 1985).
- B. J. Zobel and J. P. van Buijtenen, Wood Variation: Its Causes and Control (Springer, Berlin/Heidelberg/New York, 1989).
- E. G. Komin, Ekologia, No. 1, 74 (1973).
- I. I. Schmalhausen, Ways and Patterns of Evolutionary Process. Selectas (Moscow, 1983) [in Russian].
- I. I. Schmalhausen, Evolutionary Factors. Theory of Stabilizing Selection (Moscow, 1968) [in Russian].
- Yu. V. Polyushkin, in Dendrochronology and Dendroclimatology (Novosibirsk, 1986), pp. 33–39 [in Russian].
- A. A. Batsenko, in Problems of Field-Protective Afforestation (Krasnoyarsk, 1963), pp. 189–204 [in Russian].
- E. A. Vaganov, S. G. Shiyatov, and V. S. Mazepa, Dendroclimatic Studies in Ural and Siberian Subarctic (Novosibirsk, 1996) [in Russian].
- N. M. Borshcheva, in Dendrochronology and Dendroclimatology (Novosibirsk, 1986), pp. 71–76 [in Russian].
- M. M. Kotov, Lesovedenie, No. 3, 51 (1997).
- M. E. Tkachenko, General Forestry (Leningrad, 1952) [in Russian].
- I. Karpavichus and V. Ramanauskas, in Environmental Conditions and Radial Tree Growth (Kaunas, 1978), pp. 81–86 [in Russian].
- A. I. Buzykin, I. S. Dashkovskaya, and V. P. Cherkashin, in Dendrochronology and Dendroclimatology (Novosibirsk, 1986), pp. 79–86 [in Russian].
- Individual sensitivity of Larix sibirica L. in open woodland of the Shira forest-steppe
Contemporary Problems of Ecology
Volume 1, Issue 6 , pp 682-686
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- variability of annual tree-ring width