Ternary six-point interpolating subdivision scheme
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We present ternary six-point interpolating subdivision scheme with one shape parameter for curve design. The behavior of the limit curve defined by the scheme is analyzed in terms of the Laurent polynomial and attains C 2 degree of smoothness.
- C. Beccari, G. Casciola, and L. Romani, An Interpolating 4-point C 2 Ternary Non-stationary Subdivision Scheme with Tension Control, Computer Aided Geometric Design 24, 210 (2007). CrossRef
- Cai Zhijie, Parameter-varing 4-point Scheme and Its Application, Chinese Annals of Mathematics Ser. A 16(4), 524 (1995).
- Jin Jiangrong and Wang Guozhao, A Non-uniform 4-point Interpolating Subdivision Scheme to Construct Curve, App. Math. J. Chinese Uni. Ser. A 15(1), 97 (2002).
- N. Dyn, Interpolatory Subdivision Schemes and Analysis of Convergence and Smoothness by the Formalism of Laurent Polynomials, Eds. A. Iske, E. Quak, and M. S. Floater, Tutorials onMultiresolution in GeometricModelling, (Springer, 2002), p. 51 (Chapter 2 and 3).
- N. Dyn, D. Levin, and J. A. Gregory, A 4-point Interpolatory Subdivision Scheme for Curve Design, Computer Aided Geometric Design 4, 257 (1987). CrossRef
- D. Levin, Using Laurent Polynomial Representation for the Analysis of Non-uniform Binary Subdivision Schemes, Advances in Computational Mathematics 11, 41 (1999). CrossRef
- M. F. Hassan and N. A. Dodgson, Ternary and Three-point Univariate Subdivision Schemes, Eds. A. Cohen, J. L. Marrien, L. L. Schumaker, Curve and surface fitting: Sant-Malo 2002 (Nashboro Press, Brentwood, 2003), p. 199.
- M. F. Hassan, I. P. Ivrissimitzis, N. A. Dodgson, and M. A. Sabin, An Interpolating 4-point C 2 Ternary Stationary Subdivision Scheme, Computer Aided Geometric Design 19, 1 (2002). CrossRef
- M. K. Jena, P. Shunmugaraj, and P. C. Das, A Non-stationary Subdivision Scheme for Curve Interpolation, ANZIAMJ. 44(E), 216 (2003).
- S. S. Siddiqi and A. Nadeem, A New Three Point Approximating C 2 Subdivision Scheme, Applied Mathematics Letters 707 (2007).
- Y. Tang, K. P. Ko, and B.-G. Lee, A New Proof of the Smoothness of 4-point Deslauriers-Dubuc scheme, J. Appl. Math. Comput. 8, 553 (2005).
- T. Youchun, K. P. Ko, and B.-G. Lee, A New Proof of the Smoothness of 4-point Deslauriers-Dubuc Scheme, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computing 8(1–2), 553 (2005).
- A. Weissman, A 6-point Interpolatory Subdivision Scheme for Curve Design, M.Sc. Thesis (Tel Aviv University, 1990).
- Zhao Hongqing, Peng Guohua, Ye Zhenglin, and Zheng Hongchan, A 4-point Subdivision Scheme with Four Parameters for Surface Design, Journal of Computer Aided Geometric Design and Computer Graphics 6(18), 800 (2006).
- O. Rioul, Simple Regularity Criteria for Subdivision Schemes, SIAMJ.Math. Anal. 23, 15544 (1992). CrossRef
- M. F. Hassan, Further Analysis of Ternary and 3-point Univariate Subdivision Schemes, University of Cambridge, Computer Laboratory Technical Report No. 520 (2001).
- Ternary six-point interpolating subdivision scheme
Lobachevskii Journal of Mathematics
Volume 29, Issue 3 , pp 153-163
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Interpolating subdivision scheme
- shape parameter
- Laurent polynomial