Roots of Luzin’s case
- S. S. Kutateladze
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This is a brief overview of the so-called “case of Academician Luzin” as well as the mathematical and humanitarian roots of the affair.
On the Occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Original Russian Text © S.S. Kutateladze, 2007, published in Sibirskii Zhurnal Industrial’noi Matematiki, 2007, Vol. X, No. 2(30), pp. 85–92.
- The Case of Academician Nikolai Nikolaevich Luzin, Ed. by S. S. Demidov and B. V. Levshin (Russian Christian Humanitarian Inst., St. Petersburg, 1999) [in Russian].
- G. G. Lorentz, “Mathematics and Politics in the Soviet Union from 1928 to 1953,” J. Approx. Theory 116, 169–223 (2002). CrossRef
- M. A. Lavrentiev, “Nikolai Nikolaevich Luzin (on the 90th Anniversary of His Birth),” Uspekhi Mat. Nauk 29(5), 177–182 (1974).
- M. A. Lavrentiev, Science. Progress in Technology. Cadres (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1980) [in Russian].
- A. P. Yushkevich, “The ‘Case’ of Academician N. N. Luzin,” in Science Under Repressions [Nauka, Leningrad, 1991), pp. 377–394.
- P. S. Aleksandroff, “Pages from an Autobiography,” Uspekhi Mat. Nauk 34(6), 219–249 (1979).
- V. M. Tikhomirov, Andrei Nikolaevich Kolmogorov (Nauka, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].
- H. Lebesgue, “Introduction to the Book by N. N. Luzin Lectures on Analytic Sets and Applications,” Uspekhi Mat. Nauk 40(3), 9–14 (1985).
- P. Dugac, “The ‘Case’ of Luzin and French Mathematicians,” Istoriko-Mat. Issledovaniya 5(40), 119–142 (2000).
- V. I. Vernadsky, Dairies. 1935–1941, Book 1: 1935–1938 (Nauka, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].
- L. S. Pontryagin, The Life Description of Lev Semenovich Pontryagin as Compiled by Himself. Born 1908, Moscow (IPE “Prima V,” Moscow, 1998) [in Russian].
- Yu. G. Reshetnyak and S. S. Kutateladze, “A Letter of N. N. Luzin to L. V. Kantorovich,” Vestnik Ross. Akad. Nauk 72(8), 740–742 (2002).
- E. I. Gordon, “Letters from L. S. Pontryagin to I. I. Gordon,” Istoriko-Mat. Issledovaniya 9(44), 27–208 (2005).
- V. D. Esakov, The Academy of Sciences in the Resolutions of the Political Bureau of the Cental Committee of the RCP(B)-AUCP(B)-CPSU. 1922–1952 (The Russian Political Encyclopedia, Moscow, 2000) [in Russian].
- È. I. Kolchinskii, “Science and Condolidation of the Soviet System in the Prewar Years,” in Science and Crises. Historico-Comparative Essays (Dmitrii Bulavin, St. Petersburg, 2003) [in Russian].
- Roots of Luzin’s case
Journal of Applied and Industrial Mathematics
Volume 1, Issue 3 , pp 261-267
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Sobolev Institute of Mathematics, pr. Akad. Koptyuga 4, Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia