Conceptual aspects of formation of a knowledge-based economy
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The article summarizes international experience in the study of main trends in knowledge generation and dissemination and reveals key aspects of a knowledge-based economy: a new quality of economic growth, science and innovation, networking, IT technologies, and the knowledge-intensive services sector. Also touched upon are globalization aspects and the socioeconomic problems of transition from a knowledge-based economy to a knowledge society.
- Scientific and Technological Revolution and the Socialist Economic System (Ekonomika, Moscow, 1983) [in Russian].
- A. I. Anchishkin, Science—Engineering—Economics (Ekonomika, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].
- A. I. Anchishkin, “Economic Problems of Science Development,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Ekon., No. 5 (1987).
- The Knowledge-Based Economy (OECD, Paris, 1996).
- V. L. Makarov, “The Knowledge-based Economy: Lessons for Russia,” Report at the Scientific Session of the General Meeting of the Russian Academy of Sciences, December 19, 2002. Electronic resource: http://vivovoco.rsl.ru/VV/JOURNAL/VRAN/SESSION/VRAN5.
- V. L. Makarov, “Outlines of the Knowledge-Based Economy,” Ekonomist, No. 3 (2003).
- V. M. Sergeev, “Knowledge-based Economy. The Role of Education and Science in Today’s World. Report a an Institute for Humanities and Political Studies Seminar, Sept. 9, 2002.” Electronic Resource: http://www.igpi.ru/center/seminars/party_6-09_02/party/_6-09_02-sergeev.html.
- Our Competitive Future: Building the Knowledge Economy (United Kingdom Department of Trade and Industry, London, 1998).
- John Houghton and Peter Sheehan, A Primer on the Knowledge Economy (Victoria Univ. Centre for Strategic Econ. Stud., Melbourne, 2000).
- V. Godin, “The New Economy: What the Concept Owes to the OECD,” Project on the History and Sociology of S&T Statistics. Work. Pap., No. 21 (2003). http://www.csiic.ca.
- V. Godin, “Technological Gaps: Quantitative Evidence and Qualitative Arguments,” Project on the History and Sociology of S&T Statistics. Work. Pap., No. 23 (2003).
- V. Godin, “Knowledge-Based Economy: Conceptual Framework or Buzzword?” Project on the History and Sociology of S&T Statistics. Work. Pap., No. 24 (2003).
- V. Godin, “Taking Demand Seriously: OECD and the Role of Users in Science and Technology Statistics,” Project on the History and Sociology of S&T Statistics. Work. Pap., No. 1 (2001).
- F. Machlup, The Production and Distribution of Knowledge in the United States (Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton, N.J., 1962).
- P. Drucker, The Age of Discontinuity. Guidelines to Our Changing Society (Harper & Row, New York, 1969).
- L. E. Mindeli and L. K. Pipiya, “How Can Russian Basic Science Be Preserved?” Vestn. Ross. Akad. Nauk 72(2) (2002).
- “Global Knowledge Economy; Its Market Application.” Electronic Resource: http://www.skyrme.com/insights/21gke.htm.
- R. D. Atkinson, “The Innovation Economy: A New Vision for Economic Growth in the 21st Century,” Policy Rep., Oct. (2003). Electronic Resource: http://www.neweconomyindex.org.
- Measuring Globalisation: OECD Handbook on Economic Globalisation Indicators (OECD, Paris, 2005).
- Jorge Niosi, “Internationalization of Industrial R&D. From Technology Transfer to Learning Organization,” Res. Policy, (28) (1999). Electronic Resource: http://www.er.uqam.ca/nobel/r21010/document.
- “World Investment Report 2005: Transnational Corporations and the Internationalization of R&D,” in United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UN, New York, 2005).
- America’s Basic Research: Prosperity through Discovery: A Policy Statement (Research and Policy Committee of the Committee for Economic Development, Washington, D.C., 1998).
- Survey on Knowledge Management Practices. For Ministries/Departments/Agencies of Central Government in OECD Member Countries/23-Jan-2002/PuMA/HRM(2002) I/OECD, 2002.
- Third European Report on Science and Technology Indicators: 2003. Towards a Knowledge-Based Economy (European Commission, Luxembourg, 2003).
- National Innovation Systems (OECD, Paris, 1997).
- Measuring the Information Economy (OECD, Paris, 2002).
- Growth in Services. Fostering Employment, Productivity and Innovation: Meeting of the OECD Council at Ministerial Level, 2005 (OECD, Paris, 2005).
- Innovation and Knowledge-Intensive Service Activities (OECD, Paris, 2006).
- Understanding Knowledge Societies: In Twenty Questions and Answers with the Index of Knowledge Societies (Dep. of Econ. and Soc. Affairs (DESA), United Nations, New York, 2005).
- Toward Knowledge Societies: UNESCO World Report (UNESCO, Paris, 2005) [in Russian].
- Conceptual aspects of formation of a knowledge-based economy
Studies on Russian Economic Development
Volume 18, Issue 3 , pp 314-327
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links