Propagation of electromagnetic TE waves in a nonlinear medium with saturation
- D. V. Valovik
- … show all 1 hide
Propagation of electromagnetic TE waves in a nonlinear dielectric layer with saturation is considered. The layer is located between two isotropic nonmagnetic semi-infinite media with constant electromagnetic parameters. A nonlinear boundary-value problem for the eigenvalues of a second-order ordinary differential equation is studied. The dispersion equation for the eigenvalues of the problem (propagation constants) is derived. Dispersion curves are calculated.
- P. N. Eleonskii, L. G. Oganes’yants, and V. P. Silin, Sov. Phys. Jetp 35(1), 44–47 (1972).
- L. Solymar and E. Shamonina, Waves in Metamaterials (Oxford Univ. Press, Oxford, 2009).
- R. Marques, F. Martin, and M. Sorolla, Metamaterials with Negative Parameters. Theory, Design, and Microwave Applications (John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2008).
- D. V. Valovik and Yu. G. Smirnov, Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Nonlinear Layered Media (Pensensk. Gos. Univ., Pensa, 2010) [in Russian].
- N. N. Akhmediev and A. Ankiewicz, Solitons: Nonlinear Pulses and Beams (Chapman and Hall, London, 1997; Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2003).
- A. W. Snyder and J. D. Love, Optical Waveguide Theory (Chapman and Hall, London, 1983; Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow, 1987).
- D. V. Valovik, J. Commun. Technol. Electron. 56, 544 (2011). CrossRef
- N. N. Bautin and E. A. Leontovich, Methods and Techniques of Qualitative Investigation of Dynamic Systems on a Plane (Nauka, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].
- D. V. Valovik and Yu. G. Smirnov, J. Commun. Technol. Electron. 56, 283 (2011). CrossRef
- Propagation of electromagnetic TE waves in a nonlinear medium with saturation
Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics
Volume 56, Issue 11 , pp 1311-1316
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links