Study of the specific features of lithium niobate crystals near the domain walls
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The domain walls in LiNbO3 are studied using X-ray topography, X-ray diffraction, and scanning electron microscopy. It is shown that the regions of distortions of the crystal lattice near the domain walls of different types are different and have lateral sizes of 100–200 μm. The character and the magnitude of the distortions are substantially dependent on the method of formation of the domain structure. Under irradiation in a scanning electron microscope, the crystal region up to 25 μm in width near the “tail-to-tail” domain walls is charged more slowly and, unlike the “head-to-head” domain walls, exhibits a dynamic charge image in the secondary-electron regime.
- N. A. Sorokin, V. V. Antipov, and A. A. Blistanov, Ferroelectrics 167, 267 (1995).
- B. S. Red’kin, D. V. Irzhak, and D. V. Roshchupkin, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz. 68, 839 (2004).
- Nai-ben Ming, Jing-fen Hong, and Duan Feng, J. Mater. Sci. 17, 1663 (1991). CrossRef
- M. Gonzalez-Manas, B. Vallejo, and M. A. Caballero, J. Appl. Crystallogr. 38, 1012 (2005). CrossRef
- V. V. Antipov, D. V. Irzhak, D. V. Roshchupkin, and S. A. Shchetinkin, Poverkhnost, No. 2, 61 (2006).
- D. Irzhak, D. Roshchupkin, and D. Punegov, Ferroelectrics 351, 163 (2007). CrossRef
- L. S. Kokhanchik, Poverkhnost, No. 8, 40 (2002).
- L. S. Kokhanchik, D. V. Irzhak, and V. V. Antipov, Poverkhnost, No. 7, 41 (2008) [J. Surf. Invest. 2 (4), 546 (2008)].
- V. V. Antipov, A. A. Blistanov, E. D. Roshchupkina, R. Tucoulou, L. Ortega, and D. V. Roshchupkin, Appl. Phys. Lett. 85, 5325 (2004). CrossRef
- Study of the specific features of lithium niobate crystals near the domain walls
Physics of the Solid State
Volume 51, Issue 7 , pp 1500-1502
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors