Investigation of the structure of the ground state of lithium donor centers in silicon enriched in 28Si isotope and the influence of internal strain in the crystal on this structure
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A study of silicon enriched in the 28Si isotope with a low oxygen content (N ≈ 2 × 1014 cm−3) at low temperatures (T = 3.8 K) has revealed a set of electron spin resonance (ESR) spectra with anisotropic g factors associated with an isolated Li donor center, whose lines are assigned to triplet and doublet states. The spectra were investigated without and with application of external load to the sample and their g factors were found to be smaller than 2 (g < 2.000), which distinguishes them from the previously obtained spectra. Based on theoretical and experimental estimates made within the spin-Hamiltonian analysis of the spectra, the states of donor electrons of lithium and their g factors are found to depend strongly on internal strains in the crystal and intervalley spin-orbit interactions.
- R. L. Aggarwal and A. K. Ramdas, Phys. Rev. 140, A1246 (1965). CrossRef
- R. L. Aggarwal, P. Fisher, V. Mourzine, and A. K. Ramdas, Phys. Rev. 138, A882 (1965). CrossRef
- G. D. Watkins and F. S. Ham, Phys. Rev. B 1, 4071 (1970). CrossRef
- A. A. Ezhevskii, A. V. Gusev, A. V. Sukhorukov, and D. V. Guseinov, Physica B 404, 5063 (2009). CrossRef
- V. V. Emtsev, Jr., C. A. J. Ammerlaan, A. A. Ezhevskii, and A. V. Gusev, Physica B 45, 376 (2006).
- M. R. Rahman, L. S. Vlasenko, E. E. Haller, and K. M. Itoh, Physica B 404, 5060 (2009). CrossRef
- P. Becker, H.-J. Pohl, H. Riemann, and N. Abrosimov, Phys. Status Solidi A 207, 49 (2010). CrossRef
- D. K. Wilson and G. Feher, Phys. Rev. 124, 1068 (1961). CrossRef
- F. S. Ham, Phys. Rev. 124, 1068 (1961). CrossRef
- A. Abraham and B. Bleaney, Electron Paramagnetic Resonance of Transition Ions (Clarendon, Oxford, 1970; Mir, Moscow, 1973), vol. 2, ch. 21, p. 251.
- A. Abragam and B. Bleaney, Electron Paramagnetic Resonance of Transition Ions (Clarendon, Oxford, 1970; Mir, Moscow, 1973), vol. 1, ch. 1, p. 25.
- L. M. Roth, Phys. Rev. 118, 1534 (1960). CrossRef
- Investigation of the structure of the ground state of lithium donor centers in silicon enriched in 28Si isotope and the influence of internal strain in the crystal on this structure
Volume 46, Issue 11 , pp 1437-1442
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors