K − and \(\bar p\) spectra for AuAu collisions at \(\sqrt s = 200\) GeV from STAR, PHENIX, and BRAHMS in comparison to core-corona model predictions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Based on results obtained with event generators we have launched the core-corona model. It describes in a simplified way but quite successfully the centrality dependence of multiplicity and 〈p t 〉 of identified particles observed in heavy-ion reactions at beam energies between \(\sqrt s = 17\) and 200 GeV. Also the centrality dependence of the elliptic flow, υ 2, for all charged and identified particles could be explained in this model. Here we extend this analysis and study the centrality dependence of single-particle spectra of K − and \(\bar p\) measured by the PHENIX, STAR, and BRAHMS Collaborations. We find that also for these particles the analysis of the spectra in the core-corona model suffers from differences in the data published by the different experimental groups, notably for the pp collisions. As for protons and K +, for each experience the data agree well with the prediction of the core-corona model but the values of the two necessary parameters depend on the experiments. We show as well that the average momentum as a function of the centrality depends in a very sensitive way on the particle species and may be quite different for particles which have about the same mass. Therefore the idea to interpret this centrality dependence as a consequence of a collective expansion of the system, as done in blast way fits, may be premature.
- Werner, K. (2007) Phys. Rev. Lett. 98: pp. 152301 CrossRef
- Aichelin, J., Werner, K. (2009) Phys. Rev. C 79: pp. 064907 CrossRef
- J. Aichelin and K. Werner, arXiv:1001.1545 [nucl-th].
- Aichelin, J., Werner, K. (2010) J. Phys. G 37: pp. 094006 CrossRef
- C. Schreiber, K. Werner, and J. Aichelin, arXiv:1012.2066 [nucl-th].
- Abelev, B. I. (2009) Phys. Lett. B 673: pp. 183 CrossRef
- Abelev, B. I. (2009) Phys. Rev. C 79: pp. 034909 CrossRef
- Adler, S. S. (2004) Phys. Rev. C 69: pp. 034909 CrossRef
- K. Werner, Iu. Karpenko, T. Pierog, et al., arXiv:1004.0805 [nucl-th].
- Arsene, I. (2005) Phys. Rev. C 72: pp. 014908 CrossRef
- H. Yang, PhD Thesis (Univ. of Bergen, Norway, 2007).
- K − and \(\bar p\) spectra for AuAu collisions at \(\sqrt s = 200\) GeV from STAR, PHENIX, and BRAHMS in comparison to core-corona model predictions
Physics of Atomic Nuclei
Volume 75, Issue 5 , pp 640-645
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links