Crystal structures of salicylideneguanylhydrazinium chloride and its copper(II) and cobalt(III) chloride complexes
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The crystal structures of salicylideneguanylhydrazinium chloride hydrate hemiethanol solvate (I), salicylideneguanylhydrazinium trichloroaquacuprate(II) (II), and bis(salicylideneguanylhydrazino)cobalt(III) chloride trihydrate (III) are determined using X-ray diffraction. The structures of compounds I, II, and III are solved by direct methods and refined using the least-squares procedure in the anisotropic approximation for the non-hydrogen atoms to the final factors R = 0.0597, 0.0212, and 0.0283, respectively. In the structure of compound I, the monoprotonated molecules and chlorine ions linked by hydrogen bonds form layers aligned parallel to the (010) plane. In the structure of compound II, the salicylaldehyde guanylhydrazone cations and polymer chains consisting of trichloroaquacuprate(II) anions are joined by an extended three-dimensional network of hydrogen bonds. In the structure of compound III, the [Co(LH)2]+ cations, chloride ions, and molecules of crystallization water are linked together by a similar network.
- G. M. Sheldrick, SHELXTL-NT: Program Suite for the Solution and Refinement of Crystal Structures, Version 5.1 (Bruker Analytical X-ray Systems Inc., Madison, WI, USA, 1998).
- G. M. Sheldrick, SHELX97: Program for the Solution and Refinement of Crystal Structures (University of Göttingen, Göttingen, Germany, 1997).
- A. L. Spek, J. Appl. Crystallogr. 36, 7 (2003). CrossRef
- I. J. Bruno, J. C. Cole, P. R. Edginton, et al., Acta Crystallogr., Sect. B: Struct. Sci. 58, 389 (2002). CrossRef
- F. H. Allen, Acta Crystallogr., Sect. B: Struct. Sci. 58, 380 (2002).
- F. H. Allen, O. Kennard, D. Watson, et al., J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 2, No. 2, S1 (1987).
- É. B. Shamuratov, Kh. T. Sharipov, A. S. Batsanov, et al., Koord. Khim. 19 (2), 155 (1993).
- Crystal structures of salicylideneguanylhydrazinium chloride and its copper(II) and cobalt(III) chloride complexes
Volume 51, Issue 1 , pp 60-67
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Applied Physics, Academy of Sciences of Moldova, Academiei 5, Chisinau, 20-28, Moldova
- 2. State University of Moldova, ul. Matteevicha 60, Chisinau, Moldova
- 3. Institute of Materials for Electronics and Magnetism, National Research Council (IMEM-CNR), Parma, Italy