Heart deformation pattern analysis through shape modelling
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In this paper, we present an approach to the description of time-varying anatomical structures. The main goal is to compactly but faithfully describe the whole heart cycle in such a way to allow for deformation pattern characterization and assessment. Using such an encoding, a reference database can be built, thus permitting similarity searches or data mining procedures.
- Ceyhun Burak Akgül, Bülent Sankur, Francis Schmitt, and Yücel Yemez, “Multivariate Density-Based 3D Shape Descriptors,” Shape Modeling International (2007), pp. 3–12.
- Ceyhun Burak Akgül, Bülent Sankur, Yücel Yemez, and Francis Schmitt, “Improving Efficiency of Density-Based Shape Descriptors for 3D Object Retrieval,” MIRAGE (2007), pp. 330–340.
- L. C. Bezdek, Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithm (Plenum Press, New York, 1981).
- K. L. Boyer, P. F. U. Gotardo, J. H. Saltz, and S. V. Raman, “On the Detection of Intra-Ventricular Dyssynchrony in the Left Ventricle from Routine Cardiac Mri,” ISBI (2006), pp. 169–172.
- C. Bregler and Y. Konig, “Eigenlip for Robust Speech Recognition,” in Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Proc. ICASSP-94 (1994), Vol. II, pp. 669–672.
- B. Bustos, D. A. Keim, D. Saupe, et al., “Feature-Based Similarity Search in 3d Object Databases,” ACM Comput. Surv. 37(4), 345 (2005). CrossRef
- S. Colantonio, D. Moroni, and O. Salvetti, “Shape Comparison and Deformation Analysis in Biomedical Applications, in Eurographics Italian Chapter Conference (2006), pp. 37–43.
- S. Di Bona, L. Lutzemberger, and O. Salvetti, “A Simulation Model for Analyzing Brain Structures Deformations,” Phys. Med. Biol. 48, 4001 (2003). CrossRef
- S. Di Bona, H. Niemann, G. Pieri, and O. Salvetti, “Brain Volumes Characterisation Using Hierarchical Neural Networks,” Artificial Intel. Med. 28(3), 307 (2003). CrossRef
- M. G. Di Bono, G. Pieri, and O. Salvetti, “A Tool for System Monitoring Based on Artificial Neural Networks, WSEAS Trans. Syst. 3(2), 746 (2004).
- A. F. Frangi, W. J. Niessen, and M. A. Viergever, “Three-Dimensional Modeling for Functional Analysis of Cardiac Images, A Review,” IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 20(1), 2 (2001). CrossRef
- U. Grenander and M. I. Miller, “Computational Anatomy, an Emerging Discipline, Q. Appl. Math. LVI(4), 617 (1998).
- D. A. Keim, “Efficient Geometry-Based Similarity Search of 3D Spatial Databases,” in Proceedings of the 1999 ACM SIGMOID (ACM Press, New York, 1999), pp. 419–430. CrossRef
- T. Kohonen, Self-Organizing Maps, Vol. 30: Springer Series in Information Sciences, 2nd ed. (1997).
- D. Moroni, S. Colantonio, M. Salvetti, and O. Salvetti, “Deformable Structures Localization and Reconstruction in 3D Images,” in International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications, INSTICC, Barcelona, 2007, Ed. by A. Ranchordas, H. Araujo, and J. Vitria, 2nd ed. (2007), pp. 215–222.
- D. Moroni, S. Colantonio, M. Salvetti, and O. Salvetti, “Shape Modeling for the Analysis of Heart Deformation Patterns,” in First International Workshop on Image Mining: Theory and Applications (IMTA 2008), Ed. by I. Gurevich, H. Niemann, and O. Salvetti (INSTICC press, Funchal, Madeira, 2008), pp. 37–50.
- D. Moroni, P. Perner, and O. Salvetti, “A General Approach to Shape Characterization for Biomedical Problems,” in Industrial Conference on Data Mining ICDM. Workshop on Mass-Data Analysis of Images and Signals, Ed. by P. Perner, IBAI CD-Report (Leipzig, 2006), pp. 56–65.
- Ch. Papin, P. Bouthemy, E. Mèmin, and G. Rochard, “Tracking and Characterization of Highly Deformable Cloud Structures,” in Computer Vision-ECCV 2000 (Springer Verlag, 2000), Vol. 1843, pp. 428–442. CrossRef
- M. Riedmiller and H. Braun, “A Direct Adaptive Method for Faster Backpropagation Learning: The RPROP Algorithm,” in Proc. of the IEEE Intl. Conf on Neural Networks (San Francisco, CA, 1993), pp. 586–591.
- Heart deformation pattern analysis through shape modelling
Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis
Volume 19, Issue 2 , pp 262-270
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors