Study on the spectral characteristics of the cascaded parametric conversion in a single cavity tandem multi-channel PPMgLNs-based optical parametric oscillator
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We report an acousto-optic Q-switched Nd:GdVO4 laser pumped flexibly tunable cascaded optical parametric oscillator (OPO) based on two separate multi-channel periodically poled magnesium oxide doped Lithium Niobate (PPMgLN). Even under lower pump power, long wavelength parametric output was found to be more easily generated than in single stage OPO. A cascaded idler output at 5.075 μm was found to be generated. A convenient method to monitor the occurring of the cascaded parametric process was also presented by measuring the spectrum of sum-frequency generation of the pump power and the cascaded signal power.
- K. Koch, G. T. Moore, and E. C. Cheung, “Optical Parametric Oscillation with Intracavity Difference-frequency Mixing,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 12, 2268–2273 (1995). CrossRef
- G. T. Moore and K. Koch, “The Tandem Optical Parametric Oscillator,” J. Quantum. Electron. 32, 2085–2094 (1996). CrossRef
- P. B. Phua, K. S. Lai, and R. F. Wu, “Coupled Tandem Optical Parametric Oscillator (OPO): An OPO within an OPO,” Opt. Lett. 23, 1262–1264 (1998). CrossRef
- K. J. McEwan and J. A. C. Terry, “A Tandem Periodically-poled Lithium Niobate (PPLN) Optical Parametric Oscillator (OPO),” Opt. Commun. 182, 423–432 (2000). CrossRef
- D. Artigas and D. T. Reid, “High Idler Conversion in Femtosecond Optical Parametric Oscillators,” Opt. Commun. 210, 113–120 (2002). CrossRef
- G. T. Moore and K. Koch, “Efficient High-gain Two-crystal Optical Parametric Oscillator,” J. Quan. Elec. 31, 761–768 (1995). CrossRef
- P. V. Gorelik, F. N. C. Wong, D. Kolker, and J.-J. Zondy, “Cascaded Optical Parametric Oscillation with a Dual-grating Periodically Poled Lithium Niobate Crystal,” Opt. Lett. 31, 2039–2041 (2006). CrossRef
- K. A. Tillman, and D. T. Reid, “Idler-resonant Femto-second Tandem Optical Parametric Oscillator Tuning from 2.1 to 4.2 μm,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 21, 1551–1558 (2004). CrossRef
- M. E. Dearborn, K. Koch, G. T. Moore, and J. C. Diels, “Greater Than 100% Photon-conversion Efficiency from an Optical Parametric Oscillator with Intracavity Difference-frequency Mixing,” Opt. Lett. 23, 759–761 (1998). CrossRef
- M. Vaidyanathan, R. C. Eckardt, V. Dominic, L. E. Myers, and T. P. Grayson, “Cascaded Optical Parametric Oscillations,” Opt. Express 1, 49–53 (1997). CrossRef
- P. Jiang, S. Cai, B. Wu, D. Yang, J. Kong, and Y. Shen, “High-energy PPMgLN Optical Parametric Oscillator Pumped by a 1.064 μm E-O Q-switched Nd:YAG Laser,” Laser Phys. (in press).
- B. Wu, Y. H. Shen, and S. S. Cai, “Widely Tunable High Power OPO Based on a Periodically Poled MgO Doped Lithium Niobate Crystal,” Opt. Laser Tech. 39, 1115–1119 (2007). CrossRef
- S. S. Cai, B. Wu, H. B. Xu, J. W. Shen, and Y. H. Shen, “Study on Infrared Optical Parametric Oscillator Based on PPMgLN,” J. Infrared Millim. Waves 25, 338–341 (2006) (in Chinese).
- Y. H. Shen, S. Alam, K. K. Chen, D. Lin, S. S. Cai, B. Wu, P. P. Jiang, A. Malinowski, and D. J. Richardson, “PPMgLN-based High-power Optical Parametric Oscillator Pumped By Yb3+-doped Fiber Amplifier Incorporates Active Pulse Shaping,” IEEE J. Sel. Topics Quantum Electron. (in press).
- S. V. Garnov, S. A. Solokhin, E. D. Obraztsova, A. S. Lobach, P. A. Obraztsov, A. I. Chernov, V. V. Bukin, A. A. Sirotkin, Y. D. Zagumennyi, Y. D. Zavartsev, S. A. Kutovoi, and I. A. Shcherbakov, “Passive Mode-locking With Carbon Nanotube Saturable Absorber in Nd:GdVO4 and Nd:Y0.9Gd0.1VO4 Lasers Operating at 1.34 μm,” Laser Phys. Lett. 4, 648–651 (2007). CrossRef
- M. Li, S. Zhao, K. Yang, G. Li, D. Li, and J. An, “Diode-pumped Actively Q-switching and Mode-locking Nd:GdVO4 Laser,” Laser Phys. Lett. 5, 722–725 (2008). CrossRef
- B. T. Zhang, J. L. He, H. T. Huang, C. H. Zuo, K. J. Yang, X. L. Dong, J. L. Xu, and S. Zhao, “Passive Q-switch Mode-locking of 1.34 μm Nd:GdVO4 Lasers with Co2+: LMA Saturable Absorber,” Laser Phys. Lett. 6, 22–25 (2009). CrossRef
- W. Tian, C. Wang, G. Wang, S. Liu, and J. Liu, “Performance of Diode-pumped Passively Q-switched Mode-Locking Nd:GdVO4/KTP Green Laser With Cr4+:YAG,” Laser Phys. Lett. 4, 196–199 (2007). CrossRef
- J. Gao, X. Yu, F. Chen, X. D. Li, R. P. Yan, Z. Zhang, J. H. Yu, and Y. Z. Wang, “Pulsed 456 nm Deep-Blue Light Generation by Acousto Optical Q-Switching and Intracavity Frequency Doubling of Nd:GdVO4,” Laser Phys. Lett. 5, 577–581 (2008). CrossRef
- X. Zhang and H. Giessen, “Four-Wave Mixing Based on Cascaded Second-order Nonlinear Processes in a Femtosecond Optical Parametric Oscillator Operating near Degeneracy,” Appl. Phys. B 79, 441–447 (2004). CrossRef
- K. C. Burr, C. L. Tang, M. A. Arbore, and M. M. Fejer, “Broadly Tunable Mid-infrared Femtosecond Optical Parametric Oscillator Using All-Solid-State-Pumped Periodically Poled Lithium Niobate,” Opt. Lett. 22, 1458–1460 (1997). CrossRef
- L. Lefort, K. Puech, S. D. Butterworth, G. W. Ross, P. G. R. Smith, D. C. Hanna, and D. H. Jundt, “Efficient, Low-threshold Synchronously-Pumped Parametric Oscillation in Periodically-Poled Lithium Niobate over the 1.3 to 5.3 μm Range,” Opt. Commun. 152, 55–58 (1998). CrossRef
- L. Lefort, K. Puech, G. W. Ross, Y. P. Svirko, and D. C. Hanna, “Optical Parametric Oscillation out to 6.3 μm in Periodically Poled Lithium Niobate under Strong Idler Absorption,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 73, 1610–1612 (1998). CrossRef
- Study on the spectral characteristics of the cascaded parametric conversion in a single cavity tandem multi-channel PPMgLNs-based optical parametric oscillator
Volume 19, Issue 7 , pp 1383-1388
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors