A fiber bragg grating acceleration sensor interrogated by a DFB laser diode
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A fiber Bragg grating (FBG) acceleration sensor interrogated by a DFB laser diode is demonstrated; the sensor is fabricated by packaging a FBG on to a cantilever; the interrogation scheme takes advantage of the intensity modulation of the narrow spectral bandwidth light of a distributed feedback laser diode, when the reflection spectrum curve of a FBG moves due to the strain which is applied on the sensor. The sensor’s response to the frequency and acceleration is measured by the experiment, and the factors which have an impact on the sensor’s sensitivity are also discussed.
- J. Chang, Q. Wang, X. Zhang, et al., Laser Phys. 18, 452 (2008). CrossRef
- Jun Chang, Liangzhu Ma, Tongyu Liu, et al., Proc. SPIE 6595, 65954c-1 (2007).
- L. Byoungho, Opt. Fiber Tech. 9, 57 (2003). CrossRef
- R. Chen, G. F. Fernando, T. Butler, and R. A. Badcock, Meas. Sci. Technol. 15, 1490 (2004). CrossRef
- Jose A. Garcia-Souto and H. Lamela-Rivera, Opt. Exp. 14, 9680 (2006).
- A. D. Kersey, M. A. Davis, H. J. Patrick, et al., J. Lightwave Technol. 15, 1442 (1997). CrossRef
- Jun Chang, Qingpu Wang, Xingyu Zhang, et al., Laser Phys. 18, 911 (2008). CrossRef
- R. M. Measures, Structural Monitoring with Fiber Optic Technology (Academic, Ontario, 2001).
- A fiber bragg grating acceleration sensor interrogated by a DFB laser diode
Volume 19, Issue 1 , pp 134-137
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Information Science and Engineering, Shandong University, 27 Shanda Nan Road, Jinan, 250100, China
- 2. Laser Institute, Shandong Academy of Science, Jinan, 250014, China