Quasi-common-path microchip laser feedback interferometry with a high stability and accuracy
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We report on an improved scheme of quasi-common-path microchip laser feedback interferometry, which demonstrates a high stability and accuracy. An additional beam splitter is used to divide the external cavity into a measuring feedback cavity and a reference feedback cavity. With this scheme, the optical path lengths of the measuring and reference feedback light can be made nearly the same, thus greatly reducing the long-period phase fluctuation caused by the laser frequency drift. The final system performances are evaluated as followed: the short-term displacement resolution is better than 2 nm, the output fluctuation is less than 10 nm within a 40-min-long stability test, and the maximum error within the 100-μm range is 25 nm when calibrated with the Agilent 5529A dual-frequency laser interferometer.
- Guofan Jin and Jinzhen Li, Laser Surveying (Science Publishing House, Beijing, 1998).
- W. M. Wang, K. T. V. Gratten, A. W. Palmer, and W. J. O. Boyle, “Self-Mixing Interference Inside a Single-Mode Diode Laser for Optical Sensing Applications,” IEEE J. Lightwave Technol. 12, 1577–1587 (1995). CrossRef
- T. Bosch and N. Servagent, “Optical Feedback Interferometry for Sensing Application,” Opt. Eng. 40, 20–27 (2001). CrossRef
- A. Bearden, M. P. Neil, and L. C. Osborne, “Imaging and Vibrational Analysis with Laser-Feedback Interferometry,” Opt. Lett. 18, 238–240 (1993). CrossRef
- Ben Ovryn and J. H. Andrews, “Phase-Shifted Laser Feedback Interferometry,” Opt. Lett. 23, 1078–1080 (1998). CrossRef
- Dongmei Guo, Min Wan, and Suqing Tan, “Self-Mixing Interferometer Based on Sinusoidal Phase Modulating Tachnique,” Opt. Express 13, 1537–1543 (2005). CrossRef
- E. Lacot, R. Day, and F. Stoeckel, “Laser Optical Feedback Tomography,” Opt. Lett. 24, 744–746 (1999). CrossRef
- E. Lacot, R. Day, J. Pinel, and F. Stoeckel, “Laser Relaxation-Oscillation Frequency Imaging,” Opt. Lett. 26, 1483–1485 (2001). CrossRef
- R. Kawai, Y. Asakawa, and K. Otsuka, “Ultrahigh-Sensitivity Self-Mixing Laser Doppler Velocimetry with Laser-Diode-Pumped Microchip LiNdP04 Lasers,” IEEE Photonics Technol. Lett. 11, 706–708 (1999). CrossRef
- K. Otsuka, K. Abe, J.-Y. Ko, and T-S Lim, “Real-Time Nanometer Vibration Measurement with a Self-Mixing Microchip Solid-State Laser,” Opt. Lett. 27, 1339–1341 (2002). CrossRef
- E. Lacot and O. Hugon, “Phase-Sensitive Laser Detection by Frequency-Shifted Optical Feedback,” Phys. Rev. A 70, 053824-1–053824-8 (2004). CrossRef
- C. Yin, L. Huang, M. Gong, et al., “A Novel Compact Side-Pumped Bonded Slab Microchip Laser,” Laser Phys. Lett. 4, 584–587 (2007). CrossRef
- Y. Wang, L. Huang, M. Cong, et al., “1 MHz Repetition Rate Single-Frequency Gain-Switched Nd:YAG Microchip Laser,” Laser Phys. Lett. 4, 580–583 (2007). CrossRef
- J. Scaronulc, H. Jelinkova, K. Nejezchleb, and V. Scaronkoda, “Nd:YAG/V:YAG Microchip Laser Operating at 1338 nm,” Laser Phys. Lett. 2, 519–524 (2005). CrossRef
- H. Lei, M. Gong, Y. Ping, and L. Qiang, “Repetition Rate Continuously Controllable Passively Q-Switched Nd:YAG Bonded Microchip Laser,” Laser Phys. Lett. 4, 572–575(2007). CrossRef
- Xinjun Wan, Duo Li, and Shulian Zhang, “Quasi-Common-Path Laser Feedback Interferometry Based on Frequency Shifting and Multiplexing”, Opt. Lett. 32, 367–369 (2007). CrossRef
- M. Sargent III, M. O. Scully, and W. E. Lamb, Jr., Laser Physics (Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1974).
- J. J. Zayhowski, “Microchip Lasers,” Opt. Mater. 11, 255–267 (1999). CrossRef
- Quasi-common-path microchip laser feedback interferometry with a high stability and accuracy
Volume 18, Issue 8 , pp 939-946
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors