Frequency tuning and doubling in Yb-doped fiber lasers
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A compact Yb-doped fiber laser (YDFL) based on a tunable fiber Bragg grating (FBG) with ∼6 W output power and ∼45 nm tuning around 1080 nm has been developed. The laser output power and its spectral width (∼0.15 nm) do not change significantly at the tuning, while the FBG reflection coefficient increases with an increase in FBG compression. It has been shown that this increase is due to stress-induced changes in the FBG’s refractive-index modulation amplitude. Intracavity frequency doubling in the YDFL has also been performed. About 0.4 W of green radiation with tuning in the range 540–548 nm has been achieved with a KTP nonlinear crystal.
- V. P. Gapontsev, I. E. Samartsev, A. A. Zayats, and R. R. Loryan, in Proceedings of the Conference on Adv. Solid State Lasers, Hilton Head, NC, 1991, Paper WC1-1, p. 214.
- R. Kashyap, Fiber Bragg Gratings (Academic, San Diego, 1999).
- M. R. Mokhtar, C. S. Goh, S. A. Butler, et al., Electron. Lett. 39, 509 (2003). CrossRef
- J. Yoonchan, C. Alegria, J. K. Sahu, et al., IEEE Photonics Technol. Lett. 16, 756 (2004). CrossRef
- L. B. Fu, M. Ibsen, D. J. Richardson, et al., IEEE Photonics Technol. Lett. 17, 306 (2005). CrossRef
- R. J. Thompson, M. Tu, D. C. Aveline, et al., Opt. Express 11, 1709 (2003). CrossRef
- S. R. Abdullina, S. A. Babin, A. A. Vlasov, and S. I. Kablukov, Quantum Electron. 35, 857 (2005). CrossRef
- V. Mizrahi and J. E. Sipe, J. Lightwave Technol. 11, 1513 (1993). CrossRef
- K. Asaumi, Appl. Opt. 37, 555 (1998). CrossRef
- S. A. Babin, D. V. Churkin, and E. V. Podivilov, Opt. Commun. 226, 329 (2003). CrossRef
- D. B. S. Soh, C. Codemard, S. Wang, et al., IEEE Photonics Technol. Lett. 16, 1032 (2004). CrossRef
- K. Mizuuchi, A. Morikawa, H. Furuya, and K. Yamamoto, in Proceedings of the Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO), 2005, Vol. 3, p. 2256.
- Y. Feng, S. Huang, A. Shirakawa, and K. Ueda, Opt. Express 12, 1843 (2004). CrossRef
- Frequency tuning and doubling in Yb-doped fiber lasers
Volume 17, Issue 2 , pp 124-129
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Automation and Electrometry, Sibirian Branch, Russian Academy of Sciense, ul. Akademika Koptyuga 1, Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia
- 2. Inversion Fiber Co. Ltd., ul. Akademika Koptyuga 1, Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia