The role of solar activity in global warming
- S. V. Avakyan
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The author associates the recently observed climate warming and carbon dioxide concentration growth in the lower atmospheric layers with variations of solar-geomagnetic activity in global cloud formation and the significant decrease in the role of forests in carbon dioxide accumulation in the process of photosynthesis. The contribution of the greenhouse effect of carbon-containing gases to global warming turns out to be insignificant.
- Proc. First All-Union Conference “Solar-Atmospheric Correlations in Climate Theory and Weather Forecasts” (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1974) [in Russian].
- S. V. Avakyan, “Optics in the global changes of environment,” Armen. J. Phys. 2(1) (2009).
- Kondrat’ev, K Ya, Ivlev, L S (2008) Climatology of Aerosols and Cloudiness. VVM, St. Petersburg
- Krauklis, V L, Nikol’skii, G A, Safronova, M M, Shul’ts, E O (1990) On the conditions under which the anomalous extinction of the UV radiation by aerosol can occur in clear atmosphere. Opt. Atmos. 3: pp. 227
- Nikol’skii, G A, Shul’ts, E O (1991) Spectral and temporal variations of the residual extinction in the near UV Region. Opt. Atmos. 4: pp. 961
- V. S. Troitskii, A. M. Starodubtsev, L. N. Bondar’, et al., “Search for sporadic radio emission from space at centimeter and decimeter wavelengths,” Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radiofiz. 16(3) (1973).
- Avakyan, S V, Serova, A E, Voronin, N A (1997) The role of Rydberg atoms and molecules in the upper atmosphere. Geomagn. Aeron. 37: pp. 331
- Grach, S M, Fridman, V M, Lifshits, L M (2002) Decimeter electromagnetic radiation stimulated by shortwave heating of the atmosphere. Proc. XX All-Russia Conference on Radio Wave Propagation.
- Avakyan, S V, Voronin, N A (2006) Possible mechanisms for the influence of heliogeophysical activity on the biosphere and the weather. J. Opt. Technol. 73: pp. 281 CrossRef
- Vernadsky, V I (1991) Scientific Thought As a Planetary Phenomenon. Nauka, Moscow
- Bates, D R (1981) Electron-ion recombination in an ambient molecular gas. J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Phys. 14: pp. 3525 CrossRef
- Dmitriev, A A, Lomakina, T Yu (1977) Cloud cover and space X-ray radiation. Solar Activity Effects in the Lower Atmosphere. Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad
- Kondrat’ev, K Ya, Binenko, V I (1988) Cirrus clouds, radiation, and climate. Science and Technology Results. VINITI, Moscow
- Borisenkov, E P, Bazlova, T A, Efimova, L N (1989) Cirrus Cover and Its Influence on Atmospheric Processes. Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad
- Kolesnikova, V N, Monin, A S (1968) Spectra of micrometeorological, synoptic, and climatic oscillations of meteorological fields. Meteorological Research, General Circulation of the Earth’s Atmosphere. Nauka, Moscow, pp. 30-57
- Avakyan, S V, Voronin, N A (2010) On the radiooptical and optical mechanisms of influence of cosmic factors on the global warming. J. Opt. Technol. 77: pp. 141 CrossRef
- Benestad, R E (2002) Solar Activity and Earth’s Climate.
- Rumyantsev, V A, Trapeznikov, Yu A (2012) Grounding of forming mechanism for short-term climatic cycles of hydrometeorological processes. Izv. Russ. Geogr. Obshch. 144: pp. 9
- Avakyan, S V, Voronin, N A (2011) The role of space and ionospheric disturbances in the global climate change and pipeline corrosion. Izv., Atm. Oceanic Phys. 47: pp. 1143 CrossRef
- Lockwood, M, Frohlich, C (2007) Recent oppositely directed trends in solar climate forcings and the global mean surface air temperature. Proc. R. Soc. London.
- Lean, J (2005) Living with a variable sun. Phys. Today, No. 6. pp. 35
- Belov, A, Garcia, H, Kurt, V, Mavromichalaki, E (2005) Proton events and X-ray flares in the last three solar cycles. Cosm. Res. 43: pp. 165 CrossRef
- Aref’ev, V N, Kashin, F V, Semenov, V K (2006) Water vapor in the atmosphere over the northern Tien Shan. Izv. Atm. Oceanic Phys. 42: pp. 739 CrossRef
- Good, P R, Palle, E (2007) Shortwave forcing of the Earth’s climate: Modern and historical variations in the sun’s irradiance and the Earth’s reflectance. J. Atm. Sol.-Terr. Phys. 69: pp. 1556 CrossRef
- Golovko, V A (2003) Global redistribution of components of the Earth’s radiation balance. Issled. Zemli Kosmosa, No. 5.
- Pokrovskii, O M (2010) Climate: Myths and reality. Gos. Upravlenie Resursami, No. 1(55).
- Avakyan, S V (2010) Channels of cosmophysical factors influence on the weather and climate characteristics. Proc. All-Russia Annual Conference on Solar Physics “Solar and Solar-Terrestrial Physics-2010.” October 3–9, 2010. GAO, St. Petersburg
- Gorshkov, S P (2010) Causes of global warming and increased climate instability: Possible countermeasures off the Kyoto Protocol. Sustainable Development: Problems and Prospects, Vol. 4: Rational Nature Management: International Programs, Russian and Foreign Practices. KMK, Moscow
- Leonova, N B, Ogureeva, G N (2006) Forest vegetation of the temperate zone under global environmental changes. Recent Global Changes in the Natural Environment. Nauchnyi Mir, Moscow
- Kristjansson, J E, Kristiansen, J, Kaas, E (2004) Solar activity, cosmic rays, clouds, and climate-an update. Adv. in Space Res. 34: pp. 407 CrossRef
- Molchanov, A M (1966) Resonanses in multifrequency oscillations. Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 168: pp. 284
- Kozelov, V P, Mingaleva, G I (1975) Anisotropy of solar flare activity in the inertial space and the resonance ability of the solar system. Substorms and Excitations in the Magnetosphere. Nauka, Leningrad, pp. 264-274
- Lazarev, A I, Kovalenok, V V, Avakyan, S V (1987) Studies of the Earth from Piloted Spaceships. Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad
- The role of solar activity in global warming
Herald of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Volume 83, Issue 3 , pp 275-285
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links