Date: 07 Apr 2011
Rational solutions of linear difference equations: Universal denominators and denominator bounds
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Complexities of some well-known algorithms for finding rational solutions of linear difference equations with polynomial coefficients are studied.
Original Russian Text © S.A. Abramov, A. Gheffar, D.E. Khmelnov, 2011, published in Programmirovanie, 2011, Vol. 37, No. 2.
- Abramov, S.A., Computer Algebra Problems Associated with Searching Polynomial Solutions of Linear Differential and Difference Equations, Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Ser. 15 Vychisl. Mat. Kibernetika, 1989, no. 3, pp. 53–60 [Moscow Univ. Comput. Math. Cybernet. (Engl. Transl.), 1989, no. 3, pp. 63–80].
- Abramov, S.A., Rational Solutions of Linear Differential and Difference Equations with Polynomial Coefficients, Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz., 1989, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1611–1620 [Comput. Math. Math. Phys. (Engl. Transl.), 1989, vol. 29, pp. 7–12].
- Abramov, S.A., Rational Solutions of Linear Differential and Difference Equations with Polynomial Coefficients, Programmirovanie, 1995, no. 6, pp. 3–11 [Program. Comp. Soft. (Engl. Transl.), 1995, vol. 21, pp. 273–278].
- Abramov, S.A., Lectures on Algorithm Complexity, Moscow: MTsNMO, 2009.
- Abramov, S.A. and Barkatou, M., Rational Solutions of First Order Linear Difference Systems, Proc. of ISSAC’98, 1998, pp. 124–131.
- Abramov, S.A., Bronstein, M., and Petkovšek, M., On Polynomial Solutions of Linear Operator Equations, Proc. of ISSAC’95, 1995, pp. 290–295.
- Abramov, S.A., Gheffar, A., and Khmelnov, D.E., Factorization of Polynomials and GCD Computations for Finding Universal Denominators, Proc. of CASC’2010, 2010, pp. 4–18.
- Barkatou, M., Rational Solutions of Matrix Difference Equations: Problem of Equivalence and Factorization, Proc. of ISSAC’99, 1999, pp. 277–282.
- Gheffar, A., Linear Differential, Difference and q-Difference Homogeneous Equations Having no Rational Solutions, ACM Commun. Comput. Algebra, 2010, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 78–83.
- Gheffar, A. and Abramov, S., Valuations of Rational Solutions of Linear Difference Equations at Irreducible Polynomials, Adv. Appl. Math., 2011 (in press).
- Van Hoeij, M., Rational Solutions of Linear Difference Equations, Proc. of ISSAC’98, 1998, pp. 120–123.
- Knuth, D.E., Big Omicron and Big Omega and Big Theta, ACM SIGACT News, 1976, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 18–23. CrossRef
- Petkovšek, M., Wilf, H.S., and Zeilberger, D., A = B, Peters, 1996.
- Maple online help: http://www.maplesoft.com/support/help/
- Rational solutions of linear difference equations: Universal denominators and denominator bounds
Programming and Computer Software
Volume 37, Issue 2 , pp 78-86
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors