A study on long-term trends in energy development in Russia and the world
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A methodological approach to the studies of the global energy industry in the long-term outlook is described. Options of the development of the global energy industry have been calculated by means of mathematical models and analyzed for several scenarios of external conditions. Scenarios differ in the level of economic cooperation between regions (including assistance rendered to developing countries by developed ones), the efficiency of energy use, limitations imposed on CO2 global emissions, and energy policy of hydrocarbon fuel exporting countries.
- Energy in a Finite World: a Global Systems Analysis//W. Häfele, Program Leader. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Ballinger Publ. Comp., 1981
- Global Energy Perspectives to 2050 and beyond. World Energy Council, Intern. Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, 1995.
- Global Energy Perspectives. Cambridge University Press, 1998.
- World Energy Assessment: Energy and the Challenge of Sustainability. United Nations Development Programme, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, World Energy Council, 2000.
- N. Nakicenovich, J. Alcamo, E. Davis et al., Special Report on Emission Scenarios. A Special Report of Working Group III of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press, 2000.
- Climate Change 2007 Mitigation. Contribution of Working Group III to the Fourth Assessment Report of the International Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- World Energy Outlook 2006. Paris, France: Intern. Energy Agency, 2008.
- International Energy Outlook 2008. Washington, DC: Energy Information Administration, Office of Integrated Analysis and Forecasting, U. S. Department of Energy, 2008.
- World Oil Outlook 2008. Vienna, Austria: Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, 2008.
- L. S. Belyaev, I. Ya. Kavelin, and S. P. Filippov, “Study of the Effectiveness of the Global Energy System with the Use of Mathematical Models,” Izv. RAN, Energetika, No. 4, 46–54 (1994).
- L. S. Belyaev, S. P. Filippov, and O. V. Marchenko, “Possible Role of Power from Space in the 21st Century,” Proc. of the SPS-97 Conf. (Montreal, Canada, August 24–28, 1997). Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute, 1997, pp. 35–40.
- L. S. Belyaev, O. V. Marchenko, S. P. Filippov, et al., World Energy and Transition to Sustainable Development (Kluwer Acad. Publ., 2002)
- A. V. Agafonov, V. Yu. Arslangulov, L. S. Belyaev, et al., Global Energy Industry and Sustainable Development (White Book) (Moscow, International Sustainable Development Center under the auspices of UNESCO, 2009) [in Russian].
- A study on long-term trends in energy development in Russia and the world
Volume 58, Issue 13 , pp 1087-1093
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors