Deformation and fracture of single crystals of VKNA-type alloys at 1100–1250°C
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A comparative study of the structure and mechanical properties of single-crystal samples 〈001〉 of VKNA-1V and VKNA-4U alloys (cast and after heat treatment) has been performed using tensile tests in a temperature range of 1100–1250°C. In the case of the VKNA-4U alloy, samples of different crystallographic orientations have also been tested. At 1100°C, recrystallization was observed near the zone of fracture. The basic mechanism of relaxation at 1200–1250°C was found to be dynamic recovery. At 1250°C, the strength properties of the VKNA-4U alloy are higher than those of the VKNA-1V alloy.
- K. B. Povarova, V. P. Buntushkin, N. K. Kazanskaya, and A. A. Drozdov, “Analysis of Creation Principles of High Temperature Nickel Superalloys and Alloys Based on the Ni3Al ([gamma′]-Phase) Intermetallic Compound,” Perspekt. Mater., No. 2, 10–19 (2005).
- E. N. Kablov, O. A. Bazyleva, and M. A. Vorontsov, “A New Base for Creating Castable High-Temperature Superalloys,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., No. 8, 21–25 (2006) [Met. Sci. Heat Treat. 48 (7–8), 348–351 (2006)].
- K. B. Povarova, N. K. Kazanskaya, V. P. Buntushkin, et al., “Thermal Structural Stability of an Ni3Al-Based Alloy and Its Application for Blades in Small Gas-Turbine Engines,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Met., No. 3, 95–100 (2003) [Russ. Metall. (Metally), No.3, 269–274 (2003)].
- Kablov, E. N., Buntushkin, V. P., Bazyleva, O. A. (2006) Heat-Resistant Alloys on the Base of Ni3Al Intermetallic Compound. Proc. of Int. Conf. on the S.T. Kishkin’s Scientific Ideas and Modern Materials Science, April 25–26, 2006. VIAM, Moscow
- Grabovetskaya, G. P., Kolobov, Yu. R., Kozlov, E. V. (2007) Effect of Alloying by Renium on High-Temperature Creep of Heterophase Single-Crystal Heat Resistant Nickel Alloys on the Ni3Al Base. Zh. Funkts. Mater. 1: pp. 289-294
- Stepanova, N. N., Sazonova, V. A., Rodionov, D. P. (1997) High-Temperature X-ray Examination of 〈001〉 Single Crystals of the Ni3Al-Based Superalloy. Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 84: pp. 130-138
- N. D. Bakhteeva, “Peculiarities of Formation of Microstructure in Heat-Strength Alloys on the Base of Nickel at Thermal and Mechanical Impact,” Tekhn. Metallov, No. 7, 15–26 (2006).
- Levit, V. I., Smirnov, M. A. (1995) High-Temperature Thermomechanical Treatment of Austenitic Steels and Alloys. Chelyabinsk. Gos. Tekhn. Univ., Chelyabinsk
- N. V. Kazantseva, N. I. Vinogradova, N. N. Stepanova, et al., “Structural Changes in Heat-Resistant EP-800 Alloy upon Dynamical Stress,” Deform. Razr. Mater., No. 8, 10–16 (2008).
- Rinkevich, A. B., Stepanova, N. N., Burkhanov, A. M. (2006) Acoustical Properties of Ni3Al Single Crystals Alloyed with Cobalt and Niobium. Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 102: pp. 678-682
- Deformation and fracture of single crystals of VKNA-type alloys at 1100–1250°C
The Physics of Metals and Metallography
Volume 109, Issue 3 , pp 278-285
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- superalloy single crystals
- mechanical tests
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Metal Physics, Ural Division, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul. S. Kovalevskoi 18, Ekaterinburg, 620990, Russia