Small Vendian transversely Articulated fossils
- A. Yu. Ivantsov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Three new genera of transversely articulated Metazoa are described from the Upper Vendian of the Arkhangelsk Region (Russia). Tamga gen. nov. and Lossinia gen. nov. are recognized to be closely related to the extinct Precambrian phylum Proarticulata; Ivovicia gen. nov. is considered as a true member of Proarticulata; all of the new genera are monotypic. Onega stepanovi Fedonkin is also reinterpreted as Proarticulata. The replacement generic name Archaeaspinus is introduced for the preoccupied Archaeaspis Ivantsov. Vendomia menneri Keller is assigned to Dickinsonia Sprigg.
- S. Bengtson, “Early Cambrian Button-shaped Phosphatic Microfossils from the Siberian Platform,” Palaeontology 20(4), 751–762 (1977).
- S. J. R. Birket-Smith, “Is Praecambridium a Juvenile Spriggina?,” Zool. Jahrb. 106, 233–235 (1981).
- J. Dzik and A. Yu. Ivantsov, “Internal Anatomy of a New Precambrian Dickinsoniid Dipleurozoan from Northern Russia,” Neues Jahrb. Geol. Paläont. Mh. Stuttgart., No. 7, 385–396 (2002).
- M. A. Fedonkin, “New Representatives of Precambrian Coelenterates from the Northern Russian Platform,” Paleontol. Zh., No. 2, 183–192 (1980).
- M. A. Fedonkin, “The Vendian Biota of the White Sea,” Tr. Geol. Inst. Akad. Nauk SSSR 342, 1–100 (1981).
- M. A. Fedonkin, “Systematic Descrition of Vendian Metazoa,” in Vendian System: Historical-Geological and Paleontological Foundation, Vol. 1: Paleontology (Nauka, Moscow, 1985), pp. 70–106 [in Russian].
- M. A. Fedonkin, “A Nonskeletal Vendian Fauna and Its Place in the Evolution of Metazoa,” Tr. Paleontol. Inst. Akad. Nauk SSSR 226, 1–174 (1987).
- M. A. Fedonkin, “Cold Dawn of Animal Life,” Priroda, No. 9, 3–11 (2000).
- M. F. Glaessner, “A New Genus of Polychaete Worms from the Late Precambrian of South Australia,” Trans. R. Soc. S. Aust. 43, 7–17 (1976).
- M. F. Glaessner and M. Wade, “Praecambridium—A Primitive Arthropod,” Lethaia 4, 71–77 (1971).
- D. V. Grazhdankin, “The Structure and Sedimentation Conditions in the Vendian assemblage in the Southeastern White Sea,” Stratigr. Geol. Korrelyatsiya 11(4), 3–23 (2003).
- A. Yu. Ivantsov, “A New member Dickinsoniid from the Upper Vendian of the Winter Coast of the White Sea (Russia, Arkhangelsk Region),” Paleontol. Zh., No. 3, 3–11 (1999) [Paleontol. J. 33 (3), 233–241 (1999)].
- A. Yu. Ivantsov, “Vendia and Other Precambrian ‘Arthropods’,” Paleontol. Zh., No. 4, 3–10 (2001) [Paleontol. J. 35 (3), 233–240 (1999)].
- A. Yu. Ivantsov, “On One Genus of Vendian Fossils,” in Paleostrat-2004: Annual Assembly of the Paleontological Section of the Moscow Society of Nature Explorers: Program and Theses of Reports (Paleontol. Inst. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Moscow, 2004a), pp. 16–17 [in Russian].
- A. Yu. Ivantsov, “New Proarticulata from the Vendian of the Arkhangelsk Region,” Paleontol. Zh., No. 3, 21–26 (2004b) [Paleontol. J. 38 (3), 247–253 (2004b)].
- A. Yu. Ivantsov and M. A. Fedonkin, “Tracks of Independent Movement, an Irrefragable Proof of the Animal Nature of Ediacaran Organisms,” in 2nd International Symposium on the Evolution of Life on the Earth (NTL, Tomsk, 2001), pp. 133–137 [in Russian].
- A. Yu. Ivantsov and Ya. E. Malakhovskaya, “Gaint Tracks of Vendian Animals,” Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk 385(3), 382–386 (2002).
- B. M. Keller and M. A. Fedonkin, “New Records of Fossils in the Valdaian Group of the Precambrian on the Syuz’ma River,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Geol., No. 3, 38–44 (1976).
- V. V. Khomentovsky and L. N. Repina, The Lower Cambrian of the Stratotype Section of Siberia (Nauka, Moscow, 1965) [in Russian].
- B. Runnegar, “Oxygen Requirements, Biology and Phylogenetic Significance of the Late Precambrian Worm Dickinsonia, and the Evolution of the Burrowing Habit,” Alcheringa 6, 223–239 (1982). CrossRef
- E. A. Serezhnikova, “Vendian Ediacaria from the Zimnii Bereg Locality of the White Sea: New Records and New Reconstructions,” Paleontol. Zh., No. 4, 46–55 (2005) [Paleontol. J. 39 (4), 386–394 (2005)].
- B. S. Sokolov, Sketch of the Formation of the Vendian (KMK, Moscow, 1997) [in Russian].
- M. Wade, “Dickinsonia: Polychaete Worms from the Late Precambrian Ediacara Fauna, South Australia,” Mem. Queensl. Mus. 16(2), 171–190 (1972).
- Small Vendian transversely Articulated fossils
Volume 41, Issue 2 , pp 113-122
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- new taxa
- replacement names
- Arkhangelsk Region
- Industry Sectors
- A. Yu. Ivantsov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Paleontological Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences, Profsoyuznaya ul. 123, Moscow, 117997, Russia