Interference effects in the emission spectra of quantum dots in high-quality cavities
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We have investigated theoretically and experimentally the emission of (quantum dot-cavity) systems for different coupling strength and a wide range of exciton-photon mode detunings controlled by temperature variation in the range 10–45 K. Under close to resonance conditions, the radiation spectrum from the cavity emission becomes essentially dependent on the primary excitation path, which can be either via resonant quantum-dot exciton or via cavity mode. Particularly, in the case of nonresonant cavity mode excitation, the emission line becomes split into two asymmetric lines already in the weak coupling regime.
- E. M. Purcell, Phys. Rev. 69, 681 (1946). CrossRef
- C. Weisbuch, Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics, Ed. by P. Berman (Academic, San Diego, 1994).
- R. G. Hulet, E. S. Hilfer, and D. Kleppner, Phys. Rev. Lett. 55, 2137 (1985); D. Kleppner, Phys. Rev. Lett. 47, 233 (1981). CrossRef
- J. P. Reithmaier, G. Sek, A. Loeffler, et al., Nature 432, 197 (2004). CrossRef
- T. Yoshie, A. Scherer, J. Hendrickson, et al., Nature 432, 200 (2004). CrossRef
- C. Weisbuch, M. Nishioka, A. Ishikawa, and Y. Arakawa, Phys. Rev. Lett. 69, 3314 (1992). CrossRef
- Y. Yamamoto and R. E. Slusher, Phys. Today 46, 66 (1993).
- J. M. Gerard and B. Gayral, Physica E (Amsterdam) 9, 131 (2001); K. J. Vahala, Nature 424, 839 (2003).
- V. Savona, Z. Hradill, A. Quattropani, et al., Phys. Rev. B 49, 8774 (1994). CrossRef
- L. C. Andreani, V. Savona, P. Schwendimann, et al., Superlattices Microstruct. 15, 453 (1994). CrossRef
- Y. Zhu, D. J. Ganthier, S. E. Moriu, et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 64, 2499 (1990). CrossRef
- U. Fano, Phys. Rev. 124, 1866 (1961). CrossRef
- S. Rudin and T. L. Reinecke, Phys. Rev. A 62, 053806 (2000).
- L. Andreani, G. Panzarini, and J. M. Gerard, Phys. Rev. B 60, 13 276 (1999).
- Interference effects in the emission spectra of quantum dots in high-quality cavities
Volume 84, Issue 9 , pp 494-499
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Lebedev Physical Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
- 2. Technische Physik, Wuerzburg University, Wuerzburg, Germany
- 3. Institute of Solid State Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Chernogolovka, Moscow region, 142432, Russia