Impulse electrical breakdown of liquid hydrocarbons. Dynamics of phenomena with increasing voltage amplitude and decreasing of nonuniformity field. Prediction of the liquid breakdown voltage
- Yu. V. Torshin
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper continues the research  devoted to the study of the leader process in mineral oil. The ranges of variation of the applied voltage amplitude and field distribution in a gap were significantly extended. New structural elements and systematic features of the leader propagation were discovered, new explanations of the physical nature of some empirical dependences were proposed, and the possibility of predicting the liquid breakdown voltage on the basis of characteristics of predischarge phenomena was shown.
- Torshin, Yu.V. (2010) Impulse Electric Breakdown in Liquid Hydrocarbons. The Picture of the Phenomenon in a Strong Nonuniform Field with Low Probability of Breakdown. Teplofiz. Vys. Temp. 48: pp. 662
- Ushakov, V.Ya. (1975) Impul’snyi proboi zhidkostei. Tomsk State University, Tomsk
- Komel’kov, V.S. (1945) Mechanism of Impulse Breakdown of Liquids. Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 47: pp. 269
- Torshin, Yu.V. (1995) On the Existence of Leader Discharges in Mineral Oil. IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul. 2: pp. 167 CrossRef
- Trinh, N.G., Vincent, G., Regis, J. (1982) Statistical Dielectric Degradation of Large Volume Oil-Insulation. IEEE Trans. Power Appar. Syst. 101: pp. 3712 CrossRef
- Trinh, N.G., Vincent, G., and Regis, J., Electrode Area and Stressed Volume: Two Apparent Effects of Large-Volume Oil Insulation, Conf. Rec. IEEE Int. Symp. Electr. Insul., 1982, CH 1780/82-000-0115, no. 4, p. 115.
- Murano, M., Murata, H., Menju, S., and Ikeda, M., Statistical Consideration on the Breakdown of Transformer Oil, in Proceedings of the IEEE Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting, New York, United States, January 28–February 2, 1973, New York, 1973, p. C73 029.
- Trinh, N.G. and Saker, A., Interpretation of the Physical Mechanism in the Breakdown of Long Gaps in Transformer Oil, Proceedings of the 2th International Conference on Conduction and Breakdown in Dielectric Liquids (ICDL’96), University of Roma La Sapienza, Roma, Italy, July 15–19, 1996, Roma, 1996, p. 287.
- Impulse electrical breakdown of liquid hydrocarbons. Dynamics of phenomena with increasing voltage amplitude and decreasing of nonuniformity field. Prediction of the liquid breakdown voltage
Volume 49, Issue 1 , pp 12-21
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Yu. V. Torshin (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Federal State Unitary Enterprise All-Russian Electrotechnical Institute (FGUP GNT’s VEI), ul. Krasnokazarmennaya 12, Moscow, 111250, Russia