Structure of pulse dispersed jet upon change in its frequency characteristics
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Intensities of heat and mass transfer for continuous and pulse spray in interaction with the vertical surface of a heat exchanger differ considerably from one another when the time-averaged spraying rate [1–6] is kept constant. This difference is determined by characteristic properties of gas-drop flows of continuous and pulse sprays and their interaction with the heat-exchanging surface. Results of experimental studies of basic hydrodynamic parameters of pulse drop flow are presented: velocity and drop size dispersions, spectral characteristics of the kinetic energy of the spray at various distances from the source, and influence of the gas concurrent flow on these parameters. A difference in the heat transfer is shown upon variation of the pulse drop flow parameters from the heat transfer at the stationary supply of spray.
- Nazarov, A.D., Terekhov, V.I., Serov, A.F., and Sharov, K.A., An Experimental Study of Pulsed-Spray Impingement Evaporative Cooling, in Proceedings of the Seventh International Symposium on Heat Transfer (ISHT-7), Beijing, China, October 26–29, 2008, Beijing, 2008.
- Pavlova, A.A., Otani, K., and Amitay, M., Active Control of Sprays Using a Single Synthetic Jet Actuator, Int. J. Heat Fluid Flow, 2008, vol. 29, p. 131. CrossRef
- Panao, M.R.O. and Moreira, A.L.N., Intermittent Spray Cooling: A New Technology for Controlling Surface Temperature, Int. J. Heat Fluid Flow, 2009, vol. 30, p. 117. CrossRef
- Moreira, A.L.N., Carvalho, J., and Panao, M.R.O., Experimental Methodology to Quantify the Spray Cooling Event at Intermittent Spray Impact, Int. J. Heat Fluid Flow, 2007, vol. 28, p. 191. CrossRef
- Fest, S. and Schmidt, J., Analysis of the Effect of Operating Parameters on the Effectiveness of Intermittent Spray Cooling, in Proceedings of the Seventh World Conference on Experimental Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, and Thermodynamics (ExHFT-7), Krakow, Poland, June 28–July 3, 2009, CD-ROM.
- Wang, D., Gandji, A.R., Sipperley, C.M., and Edwards, C.F., Effects of Nozzle Geometry and Ambient Pressure on the Characteristics of a Modulated Spray, AIAA Pap., 1999, no. 99-0366.
- Pothos, S. and Longmire, E.K., Control of a Particle-Laden Jet Using a Piezo-Electric Actuator, in Proceedings of the Eleventh International Symposium on Applications of Laser Techniques to Fluid Mechanics, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal, July 8–11, 2002, Lisbon, 2002.
- Sujith, R.I., An Experimental Investigation of Interaction of Sprays with Acoustic Fields, Exp. Fluids, 2005, vol. 38, p. 576. CrossRef
- Zhu, M., Dowling, A.P., and Bray, K.N.C., Forced Oscillations in Combustion with Spray Atomizers, J. Eng. Gas Turbines Power, 2002, vol. 124, p. 20. CrossRef
- Dubey, R.K., Black, D.L., McQuay, M.Q., and Carvalho, Jn.J.A., The Effect of Acoustics on an Ethanol Spray Flame in a Propane-Fired Pulse Combustor, Combust. Flame, 1997, vol. 110, p. 25. CrossRef
- Nazarov, A.D., Serov, A.F., Terekhov, V.I., and Sharov, K.A., Experimental Investigation of Evaporative Pulse-Spray Impingement Cooling, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh., 2009, vol. 82, no. 6, p. 1160 [J. Eng. Phys. Thermophys., 2009, vol. 82, no. 6, p. 1184].
- Nazarov, A.D., Serov, A.F., Terekhov, V.I., and Sharov, K.A., Experimental Investigation of Evaporation Cooling by an Impulse Spray, in Book of Abstracts of the Third International Topical Team Workshop on Two-Phase Systems for Ground and Space Applications, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium, September 10–12, 2008, Brussels, 2008, p. 89.
- Sapozhnikov, S.Z., Mityakov, V.Yu., and Mityakov, A.V., Gradientnye datchiki teplovogo potoka v teplotekhnicheskom eksperimente (Gradient Heat-Flux Sensors in the Thermal Technical Experiment), St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg Polytechnical University, 2007 [in Russian].
- Structure of pulse dispersed jet upon change in its frequency characteristics
Volume 49, Issue 1 , pp 116-122
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors