Experimental study of speed of sound in gaseous refrigerant R-507a
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The speed of sound in gaseous refrigerants R-134a and R-507a is measured by the method of ultrasonic interferometer in a temperature interval from 293 to 373 K and pressure values from 0.01 to 0.5–2.9 MPa. The errors in measurement of the temperature, pressure, and speed of sound are ±20 mK, ±4 kPa, and ±(0.1–0.2)%, respectively. On the basis of the data obtained, the temperature dependence of the idealgas heat capacity is calculated. The results obtained are compared with calculation of speed of sound from the fundamental state equation for Helmholtz free energy.
Supplementary Material (0)
- Lemmon, E.W. and Jacobsen, R.T., Equations of State for Mixtures of R-32, R-125, R-134a, R-143a, and R-152a, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 2004, vol. 33,no. 2, p. 593. CrossRef
- Ichikawa, T., Ogawa, K., Sato, H., and Watanabe, K., Speed-of-Sound Measurements for Gaseous Pentafluoroethane and Binary Mixture of Pentafluoroethane + 1,1,1-Trifluoroethane (Department of System Design Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, Yokohama, Japan), in Proceedings of the Fifth Asian Thermophysical Properties Conference (ATPC′98), Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, August 30–September 2, 1998, Kim, M.S. and Ro, S.T., Eds., Seoul: Seoul National University, 1998, p. 535.
- Gruzdev, V.A., Khairulin, R.A., Komarov, S.G., and Stankus, S.V., Thermodynamic Properties of HFC-227ea, Int. J. Thermophys., 2002, vol. 23,no. 3, p. 809. CrossRef
- Tillner-Roth, R. and Baehr, H.D., An International Standard Formulation for the Thermodynamic Properties of 1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane (HFC-134a) for Temperatures from 170 K to 455 K and Pressures up to 70 MPa, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 1994, vol. 23,no. 5, p. 657. CrossRef
- Sato, H., Kojima, T., and Ogawa, K., Ideal-Gas Heat Capacity Values and Equations for Hydrofluorocarbone (HFC) Refrigerants Based on Speed-of-Sound Measurements, Int. J. Thermophys., 2002, vol. 23,no. 3, p. 787. CrossRef
- Zhu, M.S., Han, L.Z., Zhang, K.Z., and Zhou, T.Y., Sound Velocity and Ideal-Gas Specific Heat of Gaseous 1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane (R-134a), Int. J. Thermophys., 1993, vol. 14,no. 5, p. 1039. CrossRef
- Goodwin, A.R.H. and Moldover, M.R., Thermophysical Properties of Gaseous Refrigerants from Speed of Sound Measurements: I. Apparatus, Model, and Results for 1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane R-134a, J. Chem. Phys., 1990, vol. 93,no. 4, p. 2741. CrossRef
- Lemmon, E.W., Pseudo-Pure Fluid Equation of State for the Refrigerants Blends R-410A, R-404A, R-507A, and R-407C, Int. J. Thermophys., 2003, vol. 24,no. 4, p. 991. CrossRef
About this Article
- Experimental study of speed of sound in gaseous refrigerant R-507a
Volume 49, Issue 1 , pp 150-153
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors