Some regularities of the behavior of the thermodynamic properties of systems with three-body intermolecular interactions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The effect of three-body intermolecular interactions on the behavior of different thermodynamic properties of monatomic liquids (pressure, internal energy, chemical potential) and conditions of the vaporliquid phase equilibrium is studied. The systems in which two-body intermolecular interactions were described by the Lennard-Jones potential and three-body ones were described by the Axilrod-Teller potential are considered. The Monte Carlo method and the method of partial distribution functions are used to solve the problem. Data obtained by means of these methods agree well.
- Attard, P., Simulation Results for a Fluid with the Axilrod-Teller Triple Dipole Potential, Phys. Rev. A: At., Mol., Opt. Phys., 1992, vol. 45, no. 8, p. 5649. CrossRef
- Marcelli, G. and Sadus, R.J., Molecular Simulation of the Phase Behavior of Noble Gases Using Accurate Two-Body and Three-Body Intermolecular Potentials, J. Chem. Phys., 1999, vol. 111, p. 1533. CrossRef
- Anta, J.A., Lomba, E., and Lombardero, M., Influence of Three-Body Forces on the Gas-Liquid Coexisting of Simple Fluids: The Phase Equilibrium of Argon, Phys. Rev. E: Stat. Phys., Plasmas, Fluids, Relat. Interdiscip. Top. 1997, vol. 55, p. 2707. CrossRef
- D’yakonov, S.G., Klinov, A.V., and D’yakonov, G.S., Calculations of the Thermodynamic Properties of Fluids Using Many-Particle Interaction Potentials, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 2003, vol. 77, no. 11, p. 2006 [Russ. J. Phys. Chem. A (Engl. transl.), 2003, vol. 77, no. 11, p. 1805].
- Allen, M.P. and Tildesley, D.J., Computer Simulation of Liquids, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991.
- Attard, P., Pair-Hypernetted-Chain Closure for Fluids with Three-Body Potentials: Results for Argon with the Axilrod-Teller Triple Dipole Potential, Phys. Rev. A: At., Mol., Opt. Phys. 1992, vol. 45, p. 3659. CrossRef
- Attard, P., Simulation Results for a Fluid with the Axilrod-Teller Triple Dipole Potential, Phys. Rev. A: At., Mol., Opt. Phys., 1992, vol. 45, p. 5649. CrossRef
- Croxton, C., Liquid State Physics, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1974. Translated under the title Fizika zhidkogo sostoyaniya, Moscow: Mir, 1978.
- Klinov, A.V., D’yakonov, S.G., and D’yakonov, G.S., A Description of Phase Transitions Based on the Theory of Integral Equations for Partial Distribution Functions: One-Component Systems, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 2004, vol. 78, no. 3, p. 432 [Russ. J. Phys. Chem. A (Engl. transl.), 2004, vol. 78, no. 3, p. 351].
- Errington, J.R. and Panagiotopoulos, A.Z., Phase Equilibria of the Modified Buckingham Exponential-6 Potential from Hamiltonian Scaling Grand Canonical Monte Carlo, J. Chem. Phys., 1998, vol. 109, p. 1093. CrossRef
- Some regularities of the behavior of the thermodynamic properties of systems with three-body intermolecular interactions
Volume 49, Issue 1 , pp 55-62
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors