A genus and a species of hover-flies, new for the Russian fauna (Diptera, Syrphidae)
- A. V. Barkalov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A new species Pseudoplatychirus glupovi is described from the highlands of the Altai Mts. (the Ukok Plateau). This is also the first record of the genus Pseudoplatychirus from Russia. The new species differs from P. peteri Doesburg, 1955 in the wing membrane more strongly pubescent with microtrichia, in the brown halteres with black capitulum, and in the structure of the male genitalia. The holotype and paratypes are deposited in the Siberian Zoological Museum, Institute of Animal Systematics and Ecology, Novosibirsk, Russia.
- Doesburg, P.H. van, “Report on the Syrphid Flies, Collected by the “Fourth Dutch Karakorum Expedition, 1935” (Mededelingen over Syrphidae XIII),” Beaufortia 5(47), 47–51 (1955).
- Peck, L.V., “Family Syrphidae,” in Á. Soós, Catalogue of Palaearctic Diptera (1988), Vol. 8, pp. 11–230.
- Zimina, L.V., “A Syrphid Genus (Diptera, Syrphidae) from the Eastern Pamirs, New to the Fauna of the USSR,” Entomol. Obozr. 37(1), 206–207 (1958).
- A genus and a species of hover-flies, new for the Russian fauna (Diptera, Syrphidae)
Volume 87, Issue 7 , pp 930-933
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- A. V. Barkalov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Animal Systematics and Ecology, Siberian Division, Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, 630091, Russia