Version of the homogenized Bakhvalov-Eglit model with kinetic equation for the evolution of oscillations
- S. A. Sazhenkov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We consider the one-dimensional model of the dynamics of a viscous barotropic gas with rapidly oscillating initial distributions of the specific volume. We rigorously justify the homogenization procedure as the frequency of rapid oscillations tends to infinity. We construct a closed limit effective model of the gas motion containing an additional kinetic equation that carries complete information on the evolution of the limit oscillation modes. We show that if the initial data are periodic, then the constructed limit model can be reduced to a system of quasi-homogenized Bakhvalov-Eglit equations.
- Amosov, A.A. and Zlotnik, A.A., Solvability “in the Large” of a Class of Quasilinear Systems of Equations of Composite Type with Nonsmooth Data, Differ. Uravn., 1994, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 596–609.
- Bakhvalov, N.S. and Eglit, M.E., Processes in Periodic Media Not Describable in Terms of Mean Characteristics, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1983, vol. 268, no. 4, pp. 836–840.
- Amosov, A.A. and Zlotnik, A.A., On Quasi-Homogenized Equations of the One-Dimensional Motion of a Viscous Barotropic Medium with Rapidly Oscillating Data, Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz., 1996, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 87–110.
- Malek, J., Nečas, J., Rokyta, M., and Ružička, M., Weak and Measure-Valued Solutions to Evolutionary PDEs, London, 1996.
- Warga, J., Optimal’noe upravlenie differentsial’nymi i funktsional’nymi uravneniyami (Optimal Control of Differential and Functional Equations), Moscow, 1977.
- Kamke, E.W.H., Differentialgleichungen, Leipzig, 1959. Translated under the title Spravochnik po obyknovennym differentsial’nym uravneniyam, Moscow, 1981.
- Sansone, G., Equazioni differenziali nel campo reale, Pt. 1, Bologna, 1948. Translated under the title Obyknovennye differentsial’nye uravneniya, T. 2, Moscow: Inostrannay Literatura, 1954.
- Truesdell, C., First Course in Rational Continuum Mechanics, Boltimore (USA): The John Hopkins University, 1972. Translated under the title Pervonachal’nyi kurs ratsional’noi mekhaniki sploshnykh sred, Moscow: Mir, 1975.
- Courant, R. and Hilbert, H., Methods of Mathematical Physics, London, 1948. Translated under the title Metody matematicheskoi fiziki, Moscow, 1951.
- Version of the homogenized Bakhvalov-Eglit model with kinetic equation for the evolution of oscillations
Volume 48, Issue 8 , pp 1137-1152
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- S. A. Sazhenkov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Lavrentyev Institute of Hydrodynamics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russia