On a boundary value problem with shift for an equation of mixed type in an unbounded domain
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We study the unique solvability of a problem with shift for an equation of mixed type in an unbounded domain. We prove the uniqueness theorem under inequality-type constraints for known functions for various orders of the fractional differentiation operators in the boundary condition. The existence of a solution is proved by reduction to a Fredholm equation of the second kind, whose unconditional solvability follows from the uniqueness of the solution of the problem.
- Hardy, G. and Littlewood, J., Some Properties of Fractional Integrals, Math. Z., 1928, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 565–606. CrossRef
- Kumykova, S.K., A Problem with Nonlocal Boundary Conditions on the Characteristics for an Equation of Mixed Type, Differ. Uravn., 1974, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 78–88.
- Denisova, Z.G., A Boundary Value Problem with Shift for the Equation sgn y × |y|m u xx + u yy = 0 in an Unbounded Domain, Differ. Uravn., 1978, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 170–173.
- Nakhushev, A.M., On Some Boundary Value Problems for Hyperbolic Equations and Equations of the Mixed Type, Differ. Uravn., 1969, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 44–59.
- Tricomi, F., Lezioni sulle equazioni a derivate parziali, Turin, 1954. Translated under the title Lektsii po uravneniyam v chastnykh proizvodnykh, Moscow: Inostrannaya literatura, 1957.
- Bitsadze, A.V., Nekotorye klassy uravnenii v chastnykh proizvodnykh (Some Classes of Partial Differential Equations), Moscow: Nauka, 1981.
- Lebedev, N.N., Spetsial’nye funktsii i ikh prilozheniya (Special Functions and Their Applications), Moscow: Gosudarstv. Izdat. Fiz.-Mat. Lit., 1963.
- Smirnov, M.M., Vyrozhdayushchiesya ellipticheskie i giperbolicheskie uravneniya (Degenerating Elliptic and Hyperbolic Equations), Moscow: Nauka, 1966.
- Samko, S.G., Kilbas, A.A., and Marichev, O.I., Integraly i proizvodnye drobnogo poryadka i nekotorye ikh prilozheniya (Fractional Integrals and Derivatives and Some of Their Applications), Minsk: Nauka i Tekhnika, 1987.
- Smirnov, M.M., Uravneniya smeshannogo tipa (Equations of Mixed Type), Moscow: Vyssh. Shkola, 1985.
- Muskhelishvili, N.I., Singulyarnye integral’nye uravneniya (Singular Integral Equations), Moscow: Nauka, 1968.
- On a boundary value problem with shift for an equation of mixed type in an unbounded domain
Volume 48, Issue 8 , pp 1127-1136
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links