Estimates for the equiconvergence rate of spectral expansions on an interval
- A. S. Markov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We study the convergence rate of biorthogonal expansions of functions in series in systems of root functions of a broad class of second-order ordinary differential operators on a finite interval. The above-mentioned expansions are compared with the expansions of the same functions in trigonometric Fourier series in an integral or uniform metric on any interior compact set of the basic interval and on the entire interval. We prove the dependence of the equiconvergence rate of the expansions in question on the distance from the compact set to the boundary of the interval, on the coefficients of the differential operation, and on the presence of infinitely many associated functions in the system of root functions.
- Lomov, I.S., Dependence of Estimates for the Rate of Local Convergence of Spectral Expansions on the Distance from an Interior Compact Set to the Boundary, Differ. Uravn., 2010, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 1409–1420.
- Il’in, V.A., Equiconvergence, with a Trigonometric Series, of Expansions in Root Functions of the One-Dimensional Schrödinger Operator with Complex Potential in the Class L 1, Differ. Uravn., 1991, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 577–597.
- Lomov, I.S., On the Influence of the Degree of Summability of Coefficients of Differential Operators on the Rate of Convergence of Spectral Expansions. I, II, Differ. Uravn., 1998, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 619–628; vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1066–1077.
- Lomov, I.S., On the Rate of Convergence of Biorthogonal Series Related to Second-Order Differential Operators, Differ. Uravn., 1996, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 71–82.
- Zygmund, A., Trigonometric Series, Cambridge, 1959. Translated under the title Trigonometricheskie ryady, Moscow, 1965, vol. 1.
- Markov, A.S., On the Influence of the Integrability Degree of Coefficients of a Differential Operator on the Equiconvergence Rate of Spectral Expansion, in Sb. statei molodykh uchenykh fak-ta VMiK MGU (Collection of Papers by Young Scientists of the Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics of Moscow State University), Moscow: Moskov. Gos. Univ., 2008, no 5, pp. 68–72.
- Estimates for the equiconvergence rate of spectral expansions on an interval
Volume 48, Issue 8 , pp 1090-1102
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP MAIK Nauka/Interperiodica
- Additional Links
- A. S. Markov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia