Resonance energy transfer from a semiconductor quantum dot to an organic matrix
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A study is made of the Förster energy transfer from an excited semiconductor quantum dot to an organic material surrounding the dot. A quantum-mechanical microscopic description of a Wannier-Mott exciton in a quantum dot is employed together with a macroscopic description of the organic medium. The calculations show that for II–VI semiconductors such transfer can occur in a time of the order of tens of picoseconds, which is much shorter than the lifetime of an excitation in a quantum dot in the absence of transfer. Therefore, just as for quantum wells, the energy transfer mechanism considered can be a quite efficient means for pumping organic sources of radiation.
- V. M. Agranovich, R. Atanasov, and F. Bassani, Solid State Commun. 92, 295 (1994). CrossRef
- V. I. Yudson, P. Reineker, and V. M. Agranovich, Phys. Rev. B 52, R5543 (1995).
- A. Engelmann, V. I. Yudson, and P. Reineker, Phys. Rev. B 57, 1784 (1998). CrossRef
- V. M. Agranovich, G. C. La Rocca, and F. Bassani, JETP Lett. 66, 748 (1997). CrossRef
- D. M. Basko, G. C. La Rocca, F. Bassani, and V. M. Agranovich, Eur. Phys. J. B (1999), in press.
- V. M. Agranovich, D. M. Basko, G. C. La Rocca, and F. Bassani, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 10, 9369 (1998). CrossRef
- V. M. Agranovich, and M. D. Galanin, Electronic Excitation Energy Transfer in Condensed Matter, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1982.
- U. Woggon and S. V. Gaponenko, Phys. Status Solidi B 189, 285 (1995).
- L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Electrodynamics of Continuous Media, 2nd ed., rev. and enl., by E. M. Lifshitz and L. P. Pitaevskii, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1984 [Russian original, Nauka, Moscow, 1982].
- L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, The Classical Theory of Fields, Pergamon Press, New York [Russian original, Nauka, Moscow, 1988].
- Y. Z. Hu, M. Lindberg, and S. W. Koch, Phys. Rev. B 42, 1713 (1990).
- R. Cingolani, in Semiconductors and Semimetals, Academic Press, 1997, Vol. 44, p. 163.
- S. R. Forrest, Chem. Rev. 97, 1793 (1997). CrossRef
- L. V. Asryan and R. A. Suris, IEEE J. Quantum Electron. 34, 841 (1998). CrossRef
- Resonance energy transfer from a semiconductor quantum dot to an organic matrix
Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics Letters
Volume 69, Issue 3 , pp 250-254
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors