Synthesis and investigation of the new phosphates K2 LnZr(PO4)3 (Ln = Ce-Yb, Y) with langbeinite Structure
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
New orthophosphates of potassium, zirconium, and rare earth elements K2 LnZr(PO4)3 (Ln = Ce-Yb, Y) that crystallize in a langbeinite structure (cubic system, sp. gr. P213, Z = 4) were prepared and investigated by X-ray diffraction and IR spectroscopy. The structure of the K2PrZr(PO4)3 phosphate was refined by the Rietveld method using neutron powder diffraction data (DN-2 time-of-flight diffractometer, Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Dubna). This structure is characterized by a mixed framework [PrZr(PO4)3] with large cavities in which potassium cations are located. Pr3+ and Zr4+ cations are distributed in order over two independent crystallographic positions. The limits of the incorporation of lanthanide cations into the anionic framework in phosphates with sodium-zirconium phosphate and langbeinite structures are considered.
- A. A. Voronov, V. V. Ilyukhin, and N. V. Belov, Kristallografiya 20(3), 556 (1975) [Sov. Phys. Crystallogr. 20, 340 (1975)].
- H. Wulff, U. Guth, and B. Loescher, Powder Diffr. 7, 103 (1992).
- E. R. Losilla, S. Bruque, M. A. G. Aranda, et al., Solid State Ionics 112, 53 (1998). CrossRef
- R. Masse, A. Durif, J. C. Guitel, and I. Tordjman, Bull. Soc. Fr. Mineral. Crystallogr. 95, 47 (1972).
- A. Leclaire, A. Benmoussa, M. M. Borel, et al., J. Solid State Chem. 78, 227 (1989).
- E. S. Lunezheva, B. A. Maksimov, O. K. Mel’nikov, and L. A. Muradyan, Kristallografiya 34(3), 611 (1989) [Sov. Phys. Crystallogr. 34, 363 (1989)].
- J. Isasi and A. Daidouh, Solid State Ionics 133, 303 (2000). CrossRef
- P. D. Battle, A. K. Cheetham, W. T. A. Harrison, and G. J. Long, J. Solid State Chem. 62, 16 (1986). CrossRef
- P. D. Battle, T. C. Gibb, S. Nixon, and W. T. A. Harrison, J. Solid State Chem. 75, 21 (1988). CrossRef
- Y. Miyajima, T. Miyoshi, J. Tamaki, et al., Solid State Ionics 124, 201 (1999). CrossRef
- V. B. Zlokazov and V. V. Chernyshev, J. Appl. Crystallogr. 25, 447 (1992).
- Synthesis and investigation of the new phosphates K2 LnZr(PO4)3 (Ln = Ce-Yb, Y) with langbeinite Structure
Volume 49, Issue 4 , pp 614-618
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Nizhni Novgorod State University, pr. Gagarina 23, Nizhni Novgorod, 630950, Russia
- 2. Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Dubna, Moscow oblast, 141980, Russia
- 3. Moscow State University, Vorob’evy gory, Moscow, 119899, Russia